Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ice dancers Virtue and Moir to skip national championships

Custom Title
    I agree with both of you.

Custom Title
    I think they have tremendous respect for their competitors. So if they say they are at 80% of their capabilities, and not at their peak, they are showing respect for their Canadian rivals, C&P and W&P and others by not wanting to compete against them unless they can win. I saw Scott give a SO to C&P at Skate Canada so he's aware and I'm sure Tessa is too that this team is improving and have a wonderful program this year with much difficulty...........so going in less than ready is not a good idea. Another month of training according to all the articles posted will make a huge difference. It's so nice to hear that Tessa's training is going ahead pain-free for the 1st time in several years, and that they are actually able to train at 100% this year. So we have to wait, well then, it's highly likely it's worth waiting for...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    SkateFiguring

You have no idea how excited I am , THANK YOU for this. I am so fed up with adagio type of ice dancing, I desperately wish to see some "real dancing"
    If Tessa and Scott will be able to translate some good ballroom technique onto the ice while projecting the "latin vibe" to the audience, they could do a lot of good thing to the ice dance evolution. Is going to be challenging especially after Tessa's legs met the knife this autumn, but these two are exceptional and I am expecting "miracles".

Custom Title
    Looking forward to it. Given what they were able to do at the Olympics with Tessa's pain, pain-free might be too much pleasure for me to handle.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Skatefiguring, debuting at 4CC would be like a club competition for them in Michigan. I say this, not because the competition will be easy, but because almost all the top teams they will be facing at 4CC train in Michigan. Most likely, they already know what to expect from their fellow competitors. The lone exception would be Crone/Poirier, who train in Ontario, but even then, during Tessa's rehab, she stayed in Ontario.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Skatefiguring, debuting at 4CC would be like a club competition for them in Michigan. I say this, not because the competition will be easy, but because almost all the top teams they will be facing at 4CC train in Michigan. Most likely, they already know what to expect from their fellow competitors. The lone exception would be Crone/Poirier, who train in Ontario, but even then, during Tessa's rehab, she stayed in Ontario.
    But what a club! If you win this club competition, you win the Worlds; like the song says: if you make it there, you will make it anywhere.

I think it will come down to the programs. D/W seem to have some problems with theirs and Tessa and Scott seem to be very excited with their choreography.

The new song can go: If they won it with her pain, they will win everything without it. Amazing athletes. A tough tough beauty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2