Ice Wars Opinions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Wars Opinions

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
baiul's telegraphing

oksana and the rest of the Ukrainian crop all telegraph the same way. Liaschenko telegraphs her vault jumps, and the edge jump problems (loop) that oksana had are the same ones Maniachenko has. However, none of them perform like her at all. Liaschenko is like the modern-day Szewczenko- she keeps coming back...

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Was Oksana B also nicknamed Pasha? I thought Oksana Grishuk renamed herself Pasha for a while to avoid being confused with rabble rousing Oksana - ironic since she had an affair with Sasha Zhulin.

shine

Record Breaker
I just watched Oksana Bauil's two programs and they were sooo beautiful. She seems like she has found the true bliss in life and is finally at peace with all previous struggles whatever they were. She looked so happy out there. Welcome back, Oksana! I almost had tears in my eyes watching her Swan Lake. It was really great to see the now truly mature Oksana doing Swan Lake and immediately comparing it to the 94 version. I have to say her presentation is as phenomenal as ever. No other woman can dance and bring such emotion to her skating like Oksana.