Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Senior Short Dance

On the Ice
    WP skated their best short dance of the season.
    Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier did their best as well.

I enjoyed WP more, but my buddy thinks CP has more stuff going in their dance.

Up next is Canuck ladies' festival of sal/toes and in-between human zambonis.
    Last edited by goose; 01-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Crone & Poirier just ahead of W&P

http://www.skatecanada.ca/tabid/1285...S/Default.aspx

Senior Dance
    Rank Competitor(s) Section SD FD Points
    1 Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier CO 65.80 -
    2 Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje NO 65.64 -
    3 Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam CO 61.57 -
    4 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill CO 57.27 -
    5 Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon BC/YT 55.34 -
    6 Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek WO 47.13 -
    7 Alexa-Marie Arrotta / Martin Nickel MB 46.98 -
    8 Audrey Dupont / Marcus Connolly QC 41.32 -
    9 Helene Letourneau / Kevin Boczar EO 39.56 -
    10 Anne Chloe Bissonnette / Dylan Lockey Chatham QC 34.22 -

Quote Originally Posted by lisou View Post
    @MikiAndoFan Did you find something ?
    It's not working for me.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    C/P and W/P both skated very well , and Vanessa has the best costume she's ever had..I still think it's difficult to find the "waltz" in their music, so I once again,I feel W/P's program was clearly better, and at least for the SD, the order should be reversed. I'll be very interested to see what doris has to say when she's seen it. Pogue, what say you?

Paul & Islam ..wow. You can definitely hear the waltz rhythm in their waltz section, and no glitches this time. Great dance. R/H still hampered by their material..and PJ is going to lose her reputation for objectivity by gushing too much over their cutesy program and complimenting ( of all things) their costumes..

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    C/P and W/P both skated very well , and Vanessa has the best costume she's ever had..I still think it's difficult to find the "waltz" in their music, so I once again,I feel W/P's program was clearly better, and at least for the SD, the order should be reversed. I'll be very interested to see what doris has to say when she's seen it. Pogue, what say you?

Paul & Islam ..wow. You can definitely hear the waltz rhythm in their waltz section, and no glitches this time. Great dance. R/H still hampered by their material..and PJ is going to lose her reputation for objectivity by gushing too much over their cutesy program and complimenting ( of all things) their costumes..
    I agree. WP's short dance has more dance feel to it. Speaking of being hampered by material, CP's short dance seems to be the case. The repetitive beat of "Falling" might have been good in a live concert, not the best choice for short dance.

As for Ralph/Hill, I would put them even behind Harvey/Gagnon. Harvey/Gagnon has a clever program with a lot of attack and speed. I honestly don't understand how R/H got ahead of Harvey/Gagnon.

Two thumbs for Lowe/Wing for their successful transition as coaches, their teams are thriving. Paul McIntosh hasn't found a heavy hitting team since the days of Virtue/Moir and Weaver/Poje.

Another close one between W/P and C/P.

LOVED Kaitlyn and Andrew's SD. They looked like they were floating out there. Gorgeous!!

Colour me shocked...Their team actually can find and put Vanessa in a decent dress. Just didn't like the colour of it. Good performance, but still not sold on it either. Not sure why either.

The Free Dance is going to be very interesting.

Custom Title
    I am extremely pleased with how the top 3 teams danced tonight. It is so difficult to separate C/P and W/P both I thought they produced their best. I have never seen W/P dance this fast and they were just floating across the ice, C/P have improved in my opinion presentation wise, since the GP.
    Paul / Islam are very impressive for their first year in seniors, but the speed is not yet at the level of the first two teams.
    R/H I have expected to be a clear 4th, they will be stucked in here and with V/M they will be the weakest of the top 5, we are lucky to have this luxury.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I agree. WP's short dance has more dance feel to it. Speaking of being hampered by material, CP's short dance seems to be the case. The repetitive beat of "Falling" might have been good in a live concert, not the best choice for short dance.

As for Ralph/Hill, I would put them even behind Harvey/Gagnon. Harvey/Gagnon has a clever program with a lot of attack and speed. I honestly don't understand how R/H got ahead of Harvey/Gagnon.

Two thumbs for Lowe/Wing for their successful transition as coaches, their teams are thriving. Paul McIntosh hasn't found a heavy hitting team since the days of Virtue/Moir and Weaver/Poje.

Agree with you about Harvey / Gagnon, should have been at least closer to Ralph / Hill.

I think that section that Ralph and Hill did all on one foot might have contributed to their placing ahead of Harvey and Gagnon, but just a thought, I'm not an expert on COP by any means.

Custom Title
    There is something odd about C/P 's look. I cannot put my finger on it. He has a very straight back. Maybe they are not matched on top.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post

1. I didn't mind Ralph/Hill's costumes. I think I saw them on Halloween.

2. Paul/Islam: I'm still gobsmacked at how much they improved from last season. Don't mind the wango.

3. C/P vs W/P..... for you colleen, I'll give it to W/P. But not by much.

4. I don't think Crone's dress is that good. I don't like the detailing.

Custom Title
    Is Canada shifting?

They introduced W/P from Kitchener/Waterloo in northern Ontario, and C/P from Scarborough in central Ontario.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-22-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Custom Title
    In their intro they mentioned two clubs, Sioux (which I took to be Sioux St. Marie) and Kitchener-Waterloo. I'm not sure what the connection is to Sioux St. Marie, but that should be NOS, I think. That's my hypothesis for the northern Ontario mention.

Medalist
    Paul McIntosh has the jr. team Marrow & Stoll, they are fantastic, and could be compared to V&M as juniors, they came in 10th but she is so young only 14 , so they've got a ways to go yet , but the promise is there of a great team in the making.
    Last edited by cotillion; 01-22-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    In their intro they mentioned two clubs, Sioux (which I took to be Sioux St. Marie) and Kitchener-Waterloo. I'm not sure what the connection is to Sioux St. Marie, but that should be NOS, I think. That's my hypothesis for the northern Ontario mention.
    It's Sault Ste Marie.

My Dad calls Kaitlyn our Transplanted Texan Northern Rose. LOL!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast