Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Abbott tweets about this great article

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Oh my dear Jeremy, so you know you always peak too early in the season! hopefully you can make it right this year. btw, his persona is really likable

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Very nice and detailed interview. It was great to see Jeremy freely speak so highly of his competitors. I know a lot of skaters do but a lot of skaters, during interviews, seem like they just ignore the existence of the other skaters and they rarely mention their names without prompting.

Also loved hearing about what he sees for himself past competitive skating and what he said about David Wilson and his insecurities. Don't we all feel like that at times? But it's nice to see that even someone as accomplished as David feels that way sometimes.

Good luck next week Jeremy!!

Out for drinks with Miki, Carolina, and Kira!
    Seems like a nice kid-- fingers crossed he'll deliver a repeat performance from last year's nationals and make it on the world team.

Custom Title
    Jeremy still is the only man from the USA that completely blew me away with his Beatles SP last year; that's my second favorite performance from a USA male skater, Rudy Galindo's Swan Lake being my all-time favorite!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEREMY!!!!!!!!!!

I love that he gets inspiration from dance; I think he started out as an ice dancer. I love his edges.

He just tweeted that he's pictured in the program for Europeans (for his lutz entrance I think). Anyway, he sounds likable and down to earth. I really hope he repeats as US Champ, then he will join the ranks of 3-time US Champs along with Johnny and Michael Weiss.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Jeremy still is the only man from the USA that completely blew me away with his Beatles SP last year; that's my second favorite performance from a USA male skater, Rudy Galindo's Swan Lake being my all-time favorite!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEREMY!!!!!!!!!!
    What he blew me away with was his LP, that music is dramatic, built up and had a bang factor on me, giving me goosebumps. Most likely I have watched that youtube by 30-40 times by now. I wish him all the good luck next week, as he is favorite US skater hands down. And I always was a late bloomers fan by the way, and he is one of them.

Custom Title
    Great article! Thanks!

I'm a big fan of his skating. The rest, I don't care much.

Glad that he'll compete next year too.

I don't mind him not winning Nationals this year, as long as he gets on the podium and go to the world which I believe he will. Hopefully this time, he peaks at the world.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-24-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Custom Title
    Yes, Jeremy. 'At NHK, I was so drawn into his program, " Life is beautiful" that I forgot the time passed. That is the quality that I want from all skating performances.
    Quality, which deprives me of time passing, gives me chills through the spine, makes my eyes misty and makes me forget about scores.

Currently, only two male skaters in this world can make me feel this way by their performances, Jeremy and Dai.
    Chan just got the highest score in the history of figure skating, but his performance never makes me feel this way, no matter how many times he lands quads.

Gor for it, Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    Currently, only two male skaters in this world can make me feel this way by their performances, Jeremy and Dai.
    YES! ITA! Jeremy seems like such a sweet person, lovelovelove his FS for this year! Love his choice of costume for this year too, reminds me of the old days of mens' figure skating with a tie, a nice clean shirt, a vest and some nice pants.

Daisuke. Last year. SUCH a source of inspiration. Had he not fallen at the Olympics, I would've given him a gold medal, regardless of the other mistakes he made! Actually, I'd still give him the gold medal anyway. *swoons*

Chan just got the highest score in the history of figure skating...
    It's Nationals, what do you expect? It doesn't count as a world record though, so you might be happy to hear that Dai still has the WR for overall score. Anyway, Patrick really did deserve his win. Quad and quad/triple in a year without having learned it in past years? I'd say that's pretty impressive!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    YES! ITA! Jeremy seems like such a sweet person, lovelovelove his FS for this year! Love his choice of costume for this year too, reminds me of the old days of mens' figure skating with a tie, a nice clean shirt, a vest and some nice pants.
    I love his this year's LP costume very much too, and totally enjoy his program. But I prefer his last year's LP. This year's LP is a little too simple. It's a slow music, beautiful and everything but not competitive enough. It didn't bring out all what Jeremy can do in his best abilities. Put extra emphasis on his musicality, but undermined his technical superiority.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-25-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Custom Title
    Jeremy just tweeted about Patrick's "pretty amazing" skate. I wouldn't bet on a smaller minded skater, oh let's say Johnny, doing that.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    It's clear from Jeremy's interview that he's not afraid to acknowledge the greatness of his competitors. It's very refreshing. As long as he believes that he too can be the best, though... That's the thing about great competitors. They have go out thinking "I want to win and I can win" no matter how good the others are. But you know what? Jeremy is who he is so whatever. I'm happy to get to see him skate win or lose.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    The best twits of Jeremy were about Golden Globes, he has so much humor, if he is in mood you can crack up!

Thanks for another great interview.

"The whole point was to challenge myself and I definitely did that!" (about the Flamenco/Tango SP) Brave boy! I love that he does two programs that are so different. And that he is working hard to make them better. Trying to be creative as well as doing the hardest jump. Can't wait to see how he has improved them.

Actually, i thought he did some of his own choreography. And why so humble? That's not my cliché of an American I am sure he would/will do fine. Go for the choreography business Jeremy!

Jeremy on twitter wants to show the person he is; Silly, funny, happy, serious, focused, dedicated athlete …
    I wish he could loosen up a bit more and be all this on the ice too. When he skates, and is serious and focused, he looks so tense and frightened that my nerves get twisted.

Anyway, as a wish-well present to him I am going to find a happier Jeremy for my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    And I always was a late bloomers fan by the way, and he is one of them.
    Me too And Sochi? No closed doors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast