Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Senior Ladies Free

Banned
    Why are people automatically assuming Samson will go to Worlds. Unless they announced I would wait for the announcement to know for certain. LaCoste has done better internationally of the two and is younger with more potential. Samson probably will get picked, but I wouldnt bet on it unless it has been made official. They might even choose to have a skateoff between the two at 4CCs.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Why are people automatically assuming Samson will go to Worlds. Unless they announced I would wait for the announcement to know for certain. LaCoste has done better internationally of the two and is younger with more potential. Samson probably will get picked, but I wouldnt bet on it unless it has been made official. They might even choose to have a skateoff between the two at 4CCs.
    That's what I was thinking, since Lacoste got a medal on the GP this season and Samson didn't do well at Worlds last year. I'm honestly fine with either of them going though.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Cynthia Phaneuf, it definitely looks like she rose to the occasion and completed 6 triples!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Nice article on CBC where Cynthia talks about this achievement, and the road getting here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...euf-title.html

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about all her troubles. Good for her. What a great moment for Cynthia. She's a two-time Canadian champion forever.

Custom Title
    J10 tweets

j3r3bear: Myriane skated so well! I've known Najarro since she was a little thing. Crazy to see her in 2nd. Wait..she's still a little thing.

He has to sit and watch this event but he sure can crack on it.

eta Sorry that should be in SP thread. Congrats to Cynthia! I have rooted for her to inspire other skaters, seeing how she overcomes even nature, what no one can do anything about. She shows what a statuesque beauty can accomplish in this sport.

It's funny how I could hear her French Canadian voice as I read her comments in that cbc article.

Congrats for Quebec sweep as well.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Who's tweet is that? Could you please put the actual person's name who is making the tweet, as not everyone knows the Twitter handles, along w/the quoted tweet? Thanks!!

Custom Title
    J10 = Jeremy Ten

Custom Title
    Happy for Cynthia. All the other skaters look the same to me. Only Cynthia stands out for various reasons so I knew once she finish she would win.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    J10 = Jeremy Ten
    Thanks!!

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed Samson's program, and I actually think it was my favorite LP of all the top ladies. I hope she goes to 4CC and Worlds because I think she actually has more potential than Lacoste, even though she has been a little inconsistent this season. Plus, she has the best costumes of the Canadian ladies

Custom Title
    Myriane really impressed me today. She looked like a new skater out there. I can honestly say that her artistry, transitions and expression entertained me. I hope she can keep that up and continue to build her consistency through the rest of the season. A repeat trip to worlds will be really good for her.

Alexandra Najarro really impressed me this week. I know she had some downgrades in the free, and that she's lacking some of the harder triples, but I though she handled the pressure brilliantly. Also, I found her expression to be quite engaging, and the transitions in between her elements were quite lovely. I think she can become a real threat if she continues to improve, and I assume that a junior world berth is inevitable now.
    Agreed on Samson. She was actually very impressive in the LP. By far the best I've seen her skate. She's really the whole package now.

I agree Alexandra Najarro has a great future. The audience in the arena actually booed her scores (I really wish people would learn a little something before heading out to these events and thinking they know better than the judges). I think all they could see was that she was a plucky skater who fought for it and didn't fall. She really, really needs to work on her footwork. Aside from her somewhat small and messily-landed jumps that lead to the possibility of downgrades, her footwork is extremely weak and slow. This portion of her skating did not look remotely on the senior level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6