Senior Ladies Free | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free

Tigger

Final Flight
Who's tweet is that? Could you please put the actual person's name who is making the tweet, as not everyone knows the Twitter handles, along w/the quoted tweet? Thanks!! :)

lavender

Record Breaker
Happy for Cynthia. All the other skaters look the same to me. Only Cynthia stands out for various reasons so I knew once she finish she would win.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I really enjoyed Samson's program, and I actually think it was my favorite LP of all the top ladies. I hope she goes to 4CC and Worlds because I think she actually has more potential than Lacoste, even though she has been a little inconsistent this season. Plus, she has the best costumes of the Canadian ladies :)

rain

Record Breaker
Myriane really impressed me today. She looked like a new skater out there. I can honestly say that her artistry, transitions and expression entertained me. I hope she can keep that up and continue to build her consistency through the rest of the season. A repeat trip to worlds will be really good for her.

Alexandra Najarro really impressed me this week. I know she had some downgrades in the free, and that she's lacking some of the harder triples, but I though she handled the pressure brilliantly. Also, I found her expression to be quite engaging, and the transitions in between her elements were quite lovely. I think she can become a real threat if she continues to improve, and I assume that a junior world berth is inevitable now.

Agreed on Samson. She was actually very impressive in the LP. By far the best I've seen her skate. She's really the whole package now.

I agree Alexandra Najarro has a great future. The audience in the arena actually booed her scores (I really wish people would learn a little something before heading out to these events and thinking they know better than the judges). I think all they could see was that she was a plucky skater who fought for it and didn't fall. She really, really needs to work on her footwork. Aside from her somewhat small and messily-landed jumps that lead to the possibility of downgrades, her footwork is extremely weak and slow. This portion of her skating did not look remotely on the senior level.