Senior Ladies Free | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free

aarower

Rinkside
Vanessa Grenier
3f, 3lz (hard fall), 2sal, 3t (extra turn), 3t/2t/2t, 3sal/2t or 2a/2t (missed the takeoff), 2a/2t
Nice performance, powerful and smooth
129.93 in the lead

Scout

Final Flight
I thought Adriana DeSanctis used to skate for the US?
She used to. But she's been competing for Canada for quite a few years now - I think since 2007/2008. Kate Charbonneau also used to skate for the US.

aarower

Rinkside
Sarah Jourdain
2a, 3f, 3lp, 3f (fall), 2a (fall), 2lp/2t, 2lz
nice style, lyrical, nice ease of movement
115.92 4th overall

Scout

Final Flight
nor for me. :scowl:

So far I've only been able to see Cynthia's SP on youtube. Really curious to see Alexandra. I had never heard of her.

Alexandra was the pre novice and novice champion in 2007 and 2008 (I think). She's been competing on the JGP circuit for 3 years and has placed as high as 5th. She has strong 2A, 3S and 3T, but I haven't seen her land a 3loop or 3lutz yet.

ks777

Record Breaker
nor for me. :scowl:

So far I've only been able to see Cynthia's SP on youtube. Really curious to see Alexandra. I had never heard of her.

I live in the Seattle area and we can watch CBC here! Lucky us!!

ks777

Record Breaker
She used to. But she's been competing for Canada for quite a few years now - I think since 2007/2008. Kate Charbonneau also used to skate for the US.

Oh. thanks! Is that easy to obtain a canadian citizenship?

aarower

Rinkside
Oh. thanks! Is that easy to obtain a canadian citizenship?

I think Kate's parents are Canadian and/or she was born in Canada. Not sure about Adrianna, but she does train in Barrie. If you immigrate to Canada, I think it only takes 3 years to get your citzenship.

ks777

Record Breaker
Adriana DeSanctis
3lutz-2toe, 3sal-2toe, 3flip(hand down), 3toe(stepped out), 3lutz, 3sal(underrotated and stepped out), 2axel, 2axel,

ks777

Record Breaker
I think Kate's parents are Canadian and/or she was born in Canada. Not sure about Adrianna, but she does train in Barrie. If you immigrate to Canada, I think it only takes 3 years to get your citzenship.

Oh I see. I was thinking maybe Japan can send Suzuki to Canada!

Scout

Final Flight
Not sure if Adriana actually has citizenship. You only need it to compete in the Olympics. I don't know how releasing a skater to skate for a different country works. But lots of skaters skate for a country without being citizens of that country. For example, Kaitlyn Weaver skated for Canada prior to getting citizenship (which she now has).

aarower

Rinkside
Adriana DeSanctis
3lz/2t, 3sal/2t, 3f (hand), 3t (tight), 3lz, 3sal (step), 2a-2a sequence
A nice performance, needs more bend in her knee and look into the audience more. Show a bit more confidence and she'll be great. CBC said she moved to Barrie, ON to train at age 12. She is now 22 and waitresses to support her training.
144.23 - 1st overall

ks777

Record Breaker
Jessica Dube
2 axel, 3flip(fall), 2sal, 1lutz, 2sal, ina bauer, 2axel-2toe, footwork sequense, 2(?)flip.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not sure if Adriana actually has citizenship. You only need it to compete in the Olympics. I don't know how releasing a skater to skate for a different country works. But lots of skaters skate for a country without being citizens of that country. For example, Kaitlyn Weaver skated for Canada prior to getting citizenship (which she now has).

One of the team members needs to be from Canada, though.

Jessica isn't doing well. Not to sound churlish, but I'm almost glad - I'd rather the top five skaters be ... well, single skaters.

ks, I think Canada should send a mass invite to every Japanese ladies skater!

ks777

Record Breaker
One of the team members needs to be from Canada, though.

Jessica isn't doing well. Not to sound churlish, but I'm almost glad - I'd rather the top five skaters be ... well, single skaters.

ks, I think Canada should send a mass invite to every Japanese ladies skater!
well I am thinking Canada can have Suzuki and Suguri!

Is it just me or? Canadian skaters have this weird back cross overs.. not sure what it is..

aarower

Rinkside
Jessica Dube
2a (I think or 3t), 3f (fall), 2sal, 2sal, 2a/2t
Beautiful skater, smooth, has a wonderful vulnerable quality. Jumps were not there today.
130.9 - 2nd overall

ks777

Record Breaker
Myriane Samson
3R, 3flip, 3R-2r-2t?, 3lutz(hand down), 3flip-2toe, 3sal, 1axel,