Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Free

Custom Title
    Cynthia stayed on her feet. Step-out on the first jump. Gorgeous triple lutz to follow though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Cynthia stayed on her feet. Step-out on the first jump. Gorgeous triple lutz to follow though.

Tripping on the Podium
    Cynthia
    I think she won - lots of fight, not as emotional as usual but still pretty good
    3t (step out), 3lz, 3lp/2t, 3sal (hand), 3lp/2t, 3t, 1a

Custom Title
    She won.

Custom Title
    SP: 60.77
    FS: 111.55

Total: 172.32

Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    She won.
    Wheee! I'm so happy for Cynthia!

Custom Title
    Congrats to Cynthia!!! Congrats to all the medalists!

Custom Title
    great event! So happy for Cynthia! I see tons of potential in Sarah Jourdain and Alexandra. These two have a bright future.

I feel bad for Amelie but she'll be back fighting; I'm scared about sending Myriane to Worlds again since she never qualified for the long program last year.

Well, considering she only had a couple of weeks to prepare to go to Worlds, are you really surprised Myriane didn't do so well last season?

Different ballgame this time around and I am looking forward to seeing how she'll do. Won't be the first time to Worlds *and* she's got a month and a half or two to get ready for it. Completely different compared to last year for her and Myriane's Team.

Oh Cynthia!!! Still choked up and so happy for her. Congratulations to the Two Time Canadian Champion!!!

Custom Title
    Yay for Cynthia!! She had a pretty good skate, especially considering her season so far. I hope this boosts her confidence going into worlds.

Myriane really impressed me today. She looked like a new skater out there. I can honestly say that her artistry, transitions and expression entertained me. I hope she can keep that up and continue to build her consistency through the rest of the season. A repeat trip to worlds will be really good for her.

Its a shame about Amelie, but jumping aside, her program seemed empty compared to Myriane's. I think the results were fair.

Alexandra Najarro really impressed me this week. I know she had some downgrades in the free, and that she's lacking some of the harder triples, but I though she handled the pressure brilliantly. Also, I found her expression to be quite engaging, and the transitions in between her elements were quite lovely. I think she can become a real threat if she continues to improve, and I assume that a junior world berth is inevitable now.

Cynthia skated well, but I felt sorry for her when she had to wait around on the ice that long. I think she might have done better if it weren't for that.

Myriane was amazing, but yeah, I feel sorry for Amelie too because it just seems like she can't deliver at Nats when it counts for a worlds or Olympics berth.

Alexandra has a bright future. I thought maybe she would take a medal, but her skating skills aren't on par with the top three yet really.

I felt sorry for Jessica Dube but I had a feeling she would kind of implode in the long program since when was the last time she did a 5 or 6 jump program before this season? 6th place is good for someone who is really a pairs skater, and it was good that Adriana DeSanctis was able to make the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Cynthia skated well, but I felt sorry for her when she had to wait around on the ice that long. I think she might have done better if it weren't for that.
    Actually, this showed more than anything else that Cynthia's nerves and her control of them is ten thousand times better than it used to be. If that had happened a year or even two years ago, after that missed triple toe, she would have fallen apart. Not this time!!

I'm not feeling sorry at all for Cynthia and the long wait she had. I'm beyond proud of how she handled it and came out fighting.

Custom Title
    Cynthia and Myriane were great - I'm so happy for the both of them. I think Myriane will have a better worlds experience this time around.

I'm really excited for Alexandra. Looking at the protocols, she wasn't far off in PCS. She has 50.34 compared to 51.29 and 52.87 for Amelie and Myriane respectively. Had she nailed her
    2A-2T, which is normally a great jump for her, and got a higher level on an element or two, she would have been the bronze medalist. I'm sure she's thrilled regardless. And she did get recognized with some sort of award (a BMO possibility award?).

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Congratulations to the "come back kid" Cynthia. I am so happy for Cynthia. I always knew she had it in her. I remember when she was the champion at age 15. It's been quite the climb for her back to the podium. I also really like Alexandra Najarro and Myriane Samson. Great to see the ladies field growing stronger.

Custom Title
    Nice article on CBC where Cynthia talks about this achievement, and the road getting here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...euf-title.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast