Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men Short

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leela03 View Post
    They didnt show 99.9% of it! Just Chan's skate and the pairs.
    As for tomorrow, it is not on in BC until 8:00 pm.
    Thank you. I thought so.That is a shame. Some of us we have Bold, but not everybody has it. how do they want t make FS more popular? Can they just spare us at least once a year of the damn hockey?

Banned
    If Kevin skates fairly well in the long I dont see why he wouldnt be expected to overhaul Joey Russel who has nowhere near the technical ammunition Reynolds has. 8 and a half spots isnt that much considering the difference in scoring potential between them. I think the 3rd spot is still Reynold's to win or lose almost.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Argh, I'm so pisssed that the CBC practically skipped the Men's SP! The men's event is generally the favourite figure skating discipine in Canada, so I was very disappointed that we only got Patrick's performance (heck, we didn't even have his K&C!)

Not that I expect that this will make a difference, but I'm planning to write a complaint to the CBC. http://www.cbc.ca/contact/
    Last edited by siberia82; 01-23-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Can they just spare us at least once a year of the damn hockey?
    Seriously. The network wouldn't give the figure skating coverage more time even though the hockey program afterwards was a replay.
    Last edited by siberia82; 01-23-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Custom Title
    cbc was also late because 2 freaking hockey games went into shootouts and then of course they had commentary so they ran the skating late. Considering how many channels there are for hockey on digital, I have no clue why CBC didn't put the hockey on Bold instead.

I miss the days of CTV/TSN with Nationals and internationals. I'm lucky I have Bold but still I remember with CTV we had way better coverage of the event.

Custom Title
    Can they just spare us at least once a year of the damn hockey?
    Definitely. May viewer rate will hit 40% as Japanese nationals next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Thank you. I thought so.That is a shame. Some of us we have Bold, but not everybody has it. how do they want t make FS more popular? Can they just spare us at least once a year of the damn hockey?
    Well considering the "damn hockey", as you so nicely call it, is the CBC's main draw for Sports, has the most sponsors paying for ads, which in turn, provides the CBC w/the money to pay for the contracts for covering other sports such as...Oh gee...I don't know...Like skating for instance, I wouldn't be so quick to complain about HNIC.

Instead of complaining, how about being grateful the CBC is even showing it? We were pretty close not so long ago to none of the Cdn Networks picking up the contract due to the ISU thinking it was still the hey days and asking for too much money for the skating coverage.

Then again, I doubt that'll stop you from dumping on "the damn hockey", which BTW I am also a huge fan of and I don't appreciate seeing one of my other sports I'm passionate over being talked about in such a manner. Especially thanks to it helping to pay for the Skating Coverage we now have in the first place!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Well considering the "damn hockey", as you so nicely call it, is the CBC's main draw for Sports, has the most sponsors paying for ads, which in turn, provides the CBC w/the money to pay for the contracts for covering other sports such as...Oh gee...I don't know...Like skating for instance, I wouldn't be so quick to complain about HNIC.
    Considering that the hockey game which followed was a replay, would it really kill the network to give figure skating fans a half hour more of coverage so that we could at least watch a few of our country's top male skaters perform their short programs instead of just one?

Custom Title
    Patrick was very good; much better than the Grand Prix.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry to hear that Canada is in almost the same position as the U.S. when it comes to skating coverage. When I used to get TV Guide magazine regularly, often under a skating show listing they would write "Time approximate after football" or "...after basketball." Sometimes things would go into double overtime in the game, and we'd see about 25 minutes of a two-hour skating program. I thought, we'll know that skating has succeeded when one day I open TV Guide and see a listing that says "Time approximate after figure skating." It never happened, alas.

Sorry you folk didn't get the chance to see your other men's short programs.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    If Kevin skates fairly well in the long I dont see why he wouldnt be expected to overhaul Joey Russel who has nowhere near the technical ammunition Reynolds has. 8 and a half spots isnt that much considering the difference in scoring potential between them. I think the 3rd spot is still Reynold's to win or lose almost.
    Yeah, I have seen him come back and jump a couple of spots after a bad short. I hope he doesn't jump over Shawn though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Sorry you folk didn't get the chance to see your other men's short programs.
    Thanks for the sympathy; you do understand the pain. The ladies' event is usually the most popular in the USA, so imagine if the network that was airing the US Nationals suddenly decided to cut out the Ladies' SP (with the exception of the winner) to save time. It's just WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, I have seen him come back and jump a couple of spots after a bad short. I hope he doesn't jump over Shawn though. :P
    We're of the same mindset.
    Last edited by siberia82; 01-23-2011 at 10:39 AM.

I've glanced at the protocols, and I've noticed that Sawyer had the best 3A of the top 9 men and 3rd best 3A of the evening. Only Lam (10th place) and Rogozine (11th place) scored higher for that jump. How ironic is that?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I've glanced at the protocols, and I've noticed that Sawyer had the best 3A of the top 9 men and 3rd best 3A of the evening. Only Lam (10th place) and Rogozine (11th place) scored higher for that jump. How ironic is that?
    Rogozine reminds me of Plush in the sense that his 3a is gorgeous but his 3lz is wonky. Also, if Chan falls on or chickens out and doubles his 3a today, I'm going to laugh. Imagine if he won Worlds with no 3a - Plush would be furious!

Custom Title
    Triple Axel is the new Quad.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast