Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men Short

It's hockey for Canada, football for the USA... whatever rakes in the most dough wins. So, the "blood" sports win out. No biggie to me, as I enjoy football (I've watched it with more interest than skating this year, I'm afraid.) Never did get into Hockey - though I try every once in a while to watch a game through to the end.

How ever, I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch because someone ragged on football (a lot of folks on here do). No one has to like it anymore than a football fan has to like skating. We all have our dislikes, and getting upset that one was chacked for other may not solve problems, but it's our right to voice our opinions one way or the other...

Banned
    I have Bold TV. On Sat, I've been watching 8 hours of coverage, 3hr of Women, 3hr of Men, 2hr of Pairs. Today, Bold will be showing 2hr of Dance and 3.5hr of Men. CBC sucks though, they always seem to show Gala more than the actual competition. Go figure!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    I have Bold TV. On Sat, I've been watching 8 hours of coverage, 3hr of Women, 3hr of Men, 2hr of Pairs. Today, Bold will be showing 2hr of Dance and 3.5hr of Men. CBC sucks though, they always seem to show Gala more than the actual competition. Go figure!
    I think the point being missed is that the Nationals are only once a year whereas hockey is 2 or more games per week . This was a replay for Gods sake so absoutely no reason why CBC needed to miss so much of the skating. If it were the playoffs then I would think differently but its just another game. If they really wanted to show the hockey to its conclusion why not just lengthen the skating coverage after the game so both the hockey and the skating fans would be happy ????!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, I have seen him come back and jump a couple of spots after a bad short. I hope he doesn't jump over Shawn though. :P
    He wont catch Sawyer unless Sawyer opens the door for him to with a pretty bad skate. However I think he can be expected to overhaul Russel and probably will, as much as a part of me would like to see Russel finish 3rd and maybe be named to the team.

Thanks for all reports and the youtube links of Patrick and Shawn. Seems like an exciting SP competition for those who could watch. I thought there was no chance for me, so I didn't stay up. Is this link http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Cha.../ID=1724485148 (that worked outside Canada) on for the men's LP also?

The two guys on youtube were really enjoyable to watch, especially Shawn

I have a soft spot for Baldé since I saw him at junior worlds two years ago. I know he was injured last season though. Is his SP somewhere on youtube? Well, I hope I can see him and the other canadian guys today(or let's say tonight).

Good luck to all with successful programs!

Custom Title
    Sawyer was great and excited. I enjoy watching Sawyer even when he messes up. Chan was pretty good. That quad was effortless. I know he wishes he started doing the quad sooner. The only thing I can say about Reynolds to be nice is that he looks like a character from Harry Potter. I think he expected better scores because of the 2 quads but on was seriously under rotated. Plus he execution of his elements weren't that great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    He wont catch Sawyer unless Sawyer opens the door for him to with a pretty bad skate. However I think he can be expected to overhaul Russel and probably will, as much as a part of me would like to see Russel finish 3rd and maybe be named to the team.
    Yeah, I just remembered what a lead Shawn had on Kevin after the SP, so I'm not as worried.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Is this link http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Cha.../ID=1724485148 (that worked outside Canada) on for the men's LP also?
    I'm pretty sure the Men's LP will be streamed at a slightly different URL, but someone will share the correct link when the competition starts.

Custom Title
    Men's FP Link: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Cha.../ID=1724485402

It might be dynamic, though, so I'll post it again once the first practice group is on the ice.

Thanks Siberia82 and ImaginaryPogue. I am sure we are many outside your nation who will appreciate this!

Custom Title
    yes, thanks, we really do appreciate it! It isn't working right now for dance, but here's hoping that changes for the men's fs!!

skating philosopher
    After watching the YT videos, Chan definitely deserved first, but I have to say that Shawn Sawyer was a bigger highlight for me. IMO, he puts more emotion in his performance.

The LP should be an interesting one!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Men's FP Link: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Cha.../ID=1724485402

It might be dynamic, though, so I'll post it again once the first practice group is on the ice.
    The link doesn't work any more outside of Canada.

Hope anyone could post the details for the LP. Thanks!

Custom Title
    To our American friends: How about getting us free links to watch the US Nationals?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast