Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 167

Thread: Senior Men Short

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,673
    This is just a national score, which tends to be higher but it wouldn't count in world ranking. Personally I dismiss most personal bests from National events. 88 is what I've been expecting for Patrick here. Internationally, he could earn that without doubling the 3A. He did that tonight to stay clean as he didn't need the 3A. Better to conseve the energy for the LP. Internationally, he nevers downgrades voluntarily.

  2. #107
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    A little too much for my taste.
    Considering Lysacek was given an 83+ for his flawed SP at last year's US Nationals without a quad and with a bad step-out of his 3Axel and considering that his skating skills are nowhere near the level of Chan's, I actually don't see it as an overscore. Patrick is a much better skater than Evan (though Lysacek is a better competitor) and Chan is without parallel, Canada's top man. Now if he had gotten that kind of score and the lead with that performance at the World Championships skating against strong performances by Takahashi, Oda, Kozuka, Abbott, and Verner, I would be upset. These scores are expected of Chan here at Canadian Nationals, especially since he came in as the GP Final Champion.

  3. #108
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Whatever. I'm just glad the judges recognized that Shawn's PCS should be ahead of Reynolds. Now if they'd just nudge them a bit higher (you know, to where they should be), I'd be happy.

  4. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Considering Lysacek was given an 83+ for his flawed SP at last year's US Nationals without a quad and with a bad step-out of his 3Axel and considering that his skating skills are nowhere near the level of Chan's, I actually don't see it as an overscore. Patrick is a much better skater than Evan (though Lysacek is a better competitor) and Chan is without parallel, Canada's top man. Now if he had gotten that kind of score and the lead with that performance at the World Championships skating against strong performances by Takahashi, Oda, Kozuka, Abbott, and Verner, I would be upset. These scores are expected of Chan here at Canadian Nationals, especially since he came in as the GP Final Champion.
    Wait a minute. Chan, overscoring.. okay? Wow, you must be in a good mood today Though I pretty much agree. They're high, but given what was possible (he's pushing 90% here), we should be relieved.

  5. #110
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    maybe the first time i really enjoyed a Chan´s program so i will write it on my agenda as a significant day!

    Great skate, he is much more relaxed than the Gps and sold the choreo, and nevermind the 2axel, this quad was so huge i thought it was a triple! I m really impressed also about his set up to the quad.

    Sawyer was great too and he has one of the best Lps of the season!

  6. #111
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Whatever. I'm just glad the judges recognized that Shawn's PCS should be ahead of Reynolds. Now if they'd just nudge them a bit higher (you know, to where they should be), I'd be happy.
    I'm grateful that the Canadian judges are finally giving Shawn more points for PCS, but I agree that I would be happier if the number was a little higher.

  7. #112
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,655
    Anyone have a link to protocols. Can't find them on skatecanada, just the rankings.

  8. #113
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Anyone have a link to protocols. Can't find them on skatecanada, just the rankings.
    I already shared this link earlier in the thread, but here it is again: http://cansportlive.com/skatecanada/...S/Default.aspx

  9. #114
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Wait a minute. Chan, overscoring.. okay? Wow, you must be in a good mood today Though I pretty much agree. They're high, but given what was possible (he's pushing 90% here), we should be relieved.
    Well, he didn't fall 3 times in the SP tonight. I actually can appreciate Chan's skating when he's not butt planted to the ice. I don't see the perfection in his skating that the judges do, but he does have a lot of spunk and terrific footwork, speed, and flow across the ice. I like how he attacks his programs and I applaud him for not backing down from trying the quad jump.

  10. #115
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Well, he didn't fall 3 times in the SP tonight. I actually can appreciate Chan's skating when he's not butt planted to the ice. I don't see the perfection in his skating that the judges do, but he does have a lot of spunk and terrific footwork, speed, and flow across the ice. I like how he attacks his programs and I applaud him for not backing down from trying the quad jump.
    Oh, I know. ptf made fun of me for it, but I don't think I can handle Chan winning with three falls. A skate like his GPF one with a second quad instead of the second 3A will be a fine thing to see.

    ETA: protocol PDF

  11. #116
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    because he opened up his legs in the air, when he changed his mind. he should've gotten no more than zeros.
    Your statement there betrays a fundamental ignorance of not only how GOEs guidelines work, but how figure skating jumps even work. You may be used to your faves two-footing their landings and taking forever to uncross their weak little legs, but a skater finishing his rotation in mid-air is a sign of strength and control. Coupled that with speed in and out of the jump, choreography in and out, and timed to the music, that jump absolutely deserved +goe according to a little thing haters like to ignore called the rules.

    On the other hand, Shawn Sawyer getting a +1 on the 3axel where he touched down is absolutely ridiculous, or the other judge who gave him no deductions on the element.
    Last edited by Serious Business; 01-22-2011 at 11:19 PM.

  12. #117
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I already shared this link earlier in the thread, but here it is again: http://cansportlive.com/skatecanada/...S/Default.aspx
    Ah thanks. I thought someone posted it earlier in the thread but I scoured back and somehow missed it. then I thought maybe it was in the women's lp thread... anyway, thanks.

  13. #118
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    You're welcome, Layfan.

    I found a hilarious screencap of Shawn's reaction to his marks. http://i56.tinypic.com/34q1ssl.jpg

  14. #119
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    You're welcome, Layfan.

    I found a hilarious screencap of Shawn's reaction to his marks. http://i56.tinypic.com/34q1ssl.jpg
    yeah, and he said "77??" heh. He was thrilled even though some fans weren't. I dunno, maybe he should be a closer to chan on the performance and interpretation marks. But whatever. Overall, the placements were just right.

    Really hope Shawn does well tomorrow and goes to worlds. Chan has that huge lead but Shawn's gotta be feeling pretty good that HE has a huge lead over the rest of them.

  15. #120
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    [QUOTE=Serious Business;542513]Your statement there betrays a fundamental ignorance of not only how GOEs guidelines work, but how figure skating jumps even work. You may be used to your faves two-footing their landings and taking forever to uncross their weak little legs, but a skater finishing his rotation in mid-air is a sign of strength and control. Coupled that with speed in and out of the jump, choreography in and out, and timed to the music, that jump absolutely deserved +goe according to a little thing haters like to ignore called the rules.

    QUOTE] I am not used to anything. The jump was not well executed, as it was never meant to be a quality double axel, nor it was one. He looked awkward opening up his legs, and that is it. I just consider that plus GOE's for such an element is ridiculous. And whetever you think I am ignorant of, please spare me of your opinion. i am entitled to express my feeling and that is end of story.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •