Thread: Senior Pairs Free Program

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Senior Pairs Free Program

Lets get this party started.

Custom Title
    Purdy/Marinaro: Aborted the same lift they struggled with in the SP, but the other two were okay. Problems with all jumps (two-footed/fall/bad timing). Credit to them for getting their combo in (they couldn't do it on their 3S, so they added the 2T to their 2A). Score: 74.02/111 overall. Coach mentions in KnC they were aiming for around 120 overall.

Custom Title
    Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln. The second pair had a scary near fall on their second lift They saved it but it was terrifying to watch (you basically could see it going wrong in slow motion). Pairs ladies are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln. The second pair had a scary near fall on their second lift They saved it but it was terrifying to watch (you basically could see it going wrong in slow motion). Pairs ladies are crazy.
    No kidding. That was breathtaking for all of the wrong reasons. I was holding my breath for all of their lifts, as they just were not only crawling along, but you had a feeling they were on the edge of disaster the entire program w/the lifts.

Custom Title
    Just tuned in and it seems like a rough start to the pairs LP. So excited for the final flight though!

Custom Title
    Kwong just compared Brittany Jones to Gordeeva, because they're both small (she seems smaller than last year - skinnier, anyway). I presume that's the reason anyway. I've only seen them skate last year at Nationals, and they have guts and attack, but last year I thought he would throw her out the building they lack control.

people are always comparing other pairs to Gordeeva and Grinkov but no one is really like them.. I say that and I'm not even a huge fan of them.. I'm just sick of the random comparisons

Custom Title
    Cote/Arensault were much improved from last season. Slight problem on final throw (salchow), unison break during spin and iffy final lift (though more secure than some we've seen) were the biggest misses for me