Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pairs Free Program

Custom Title

Senior Pairs Free Program

Lets get this party started.

Custom Title
    Purdy/Marinaro: Aborted the same lift they struggled with in the SP, but the other two were okay. Problems with all jumps (two-footed/fall/bad timing). Credit to them for getting their combo in (they couldn't do it on their 3S, so they added the 2T to their 2A). Score: 74.02/111 overall. Coach mentions in KnC they were aiming for around 120 overall.

Custom Title
    Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln. The second pair had a scary near fall on their second lift They saved it but it was terrifying to watch (you basically could see it going wrong in slow motion). Pairs ladies are crazy.

Custom Title
    Just tuned in and it seems like a rough start to the pairs LP. So excited for the final flight though!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln. The second pair had a scary near fall on their second lift They saved it but it was terrifying to watch (you basically could see it going wrong in slow motion). Pairs ladies are crazy.
    No kidding. That was breathtaking for all of the wrong reasons. I was holding my breath for all of their lifts, as they just were not only crawling along, but you had a feeling they were on the edge of disaster the entire program w/the lifts.

Custom Title
    Kwong just compared Brittany Jones to Gordeeva, because they're both small (she seems smaller than last year - skinnier, anyway). I presume that's the reason anyway. I've only seen them skate last year at Nationals, and they have guts and attack, but last year I thought he would throw her out the building they lack control.

people are always comparing other pairs to Gordeeva and Grinkov but no one is really like them.. I say that and I'm not even a huge fan of them.. I'm just sick of the random comparisons

Custom Title
    Cote/Arensault were much improved from last season. Slight problem on final throw (salchow), unison break during spin and iffy final lift (though more secure than some we've seen) were the biggest misses for me

Custom Title
    Kurtis, quick note. Brittany is tough. She skates with attack and vigour. But what she's not, and this is important... what she's not is a rag doll. Please stop throwing her like she's one. Second year in a row they end up ahead of the music (her arm movements in the end are hilariously prolonged so as to not get the deduction) and that manic-rushed quality is clear throughout (they fell on the SBS 3S - both of them, and they lost the combo for the 2A as well because they rushed too much). If they had more control and calm, they'd be pretty cool to watch because they are so tough (he had issues with a lift, but she was so strong in the air he was able to maintain it despite problems getting her up) and committed.

On the Ice
    underwhelming pairs event so far.

Cote/Arensault were the most impressive.

Brittany Jones / Kurtis Gaskell

I think they look a bit better than last year in terms of how they pace themselves, but Kurtis has a lot to learn to be a good pair man. Their lifts are downright precarious, due to the fact that he cannot balance himself and Brittany. I wish they stopped rotating themselves before taking off on SBS jumps.

Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson are going downhill for sometime. Their performance wasn't as disastrous as the challenge, but it was disappointing to see the team losing focus and botching both SBS jumps.

Custom Title
    Crossing my fingers that Meagan lands her jumps...and that all 4 teams skate clean. Is that too much to ask?

Custom Title
    jumps landed. Both throws (flip and lutz). SBS triple toes. SBS triple flips landed, though the combo was botched (it's supposed to be a 3F 2T 2T... not sure what it actually was - I think a 3F-T-2T). Pretty great. Megan and Eric are VERY excited, and good for them - they should be.

On the Ice
    Meagan and Eric did land 3F and 3Toe. Awesome to see them bring it.

Custom Title

So beyond thrilled for Megan and Eric and what a difference from Skate Canada!!! Wasn't so sure about this program back then, but has it ever grown and then some!!

Oh Mylene and John...There just are no words for a performance like that. Want to reach through the screen and hug them. :(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast