Senior Pairs Free Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs Free Program

rain

Record Breaker
This competition was really interesting. Once at the arena and watching the event, I totally forgot Dube and Davison were absent. It was really exciting and well-skated. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch were great and really thrived under the pressure. Duhamel and Radford have gelled amazingly quickly and have a bright, bright future ahead of them. Deservedly silver here. If this is how far they've been able to come in less than a year, I'm excited to see what the future will bring.

I think Lawrence and Zwiegers will be Canadian champions one day. These two are adorable. He is a ham, and loves the audience. He was playing around with them even just prior to the pair's skate — particularly when an audience member accidentally hit him in the head with a stuffed toy they were throwing on the ice for the previous couple.

Speaking of just prior to skating, Brodeur and Mattatall came onto the ice just as Duhamel and Radford were leaving and John Mattatall gave them a little private applause for a job well done, thus endearing him to me forever. Total class act.

callalily

On the Ice
There'll be no guarantees for D/D if Bryce's health allows them to return. They have looked tentative for the last couple of seasons (except for their great Nats performance last year).

The new teams are hungry, enthusiastic and don't have the pressure of reputations to defend. I wish D/D the best, but perhaps it is no longer their day. Regardless, world bronze is a fantastic accomplishment.

herios

Medalist
There'll be no guarantees for D/D if Bryce's health allows them to return. They have looked tentative for the last couple of seasons (except for their great Nats performance last year).

The new teams are hungry, enthusiastic and don't have the pressure of reputations to defend. I wish D/D the best, but perhaps it is no longer their day. Regardless, world bronze is a fantastic accomplishment.

Yes, it is a great accomplishment, however is in the past and they never came close to that ever since. For me, D/D are some of the most dissapointing of our canadian skaters in the past few years. And I have to tell you many fans around the world are considering them overrated for their artistry. Jessica is a weak jumper.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Maybe, but when has Sawyer or Phaneuf ever displayed this level of tenacity? Like D/D, both are coached by Barabe. I suggest we wait and see what she does for them next season. But no, outside of their Nationals LP last season, they haven't come close to that world bronze.

feraina

Record Breaker
I am really happy for Duhamel & Radford that they get to go to Worlds in their first season! I'm eagerly waiting for some kind person to put up their LP on youtube. I don't think I've seen Meagan land that 3F cleanly yet this season.