Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Four Continents, Junior World, Senior World and Senior National Teams

Custom Title

Four Continents, Junior World, Senior World and Senior National Teams

I figured we could have a place to post the team rosters once they were announced.

I know that we have two spots for ladies and pairs and three spots for men and dance to the senior worlds, but I'm unsure as to how many skaters we're allowed for junior worlds and four continents.

Custom Title
    4 continents is always 3 entries for all events. That applies to all countries.

In JW we have 2 spots in all disciplines.

Custom Title
    Thanks, nadster.

I guess that we can pretty safely assume that SC will follow the ranking order from nationals when making the teams, so...

Four Continents:

Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson, Amelie Lacoste

Pairs: Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Duhamel/Radford, Lawrence/Swiegers

Senior Worlds:

Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson

Pairs: Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Duhamel/Radford

Will all the people going to worlds necessarily want to attend 4CC though? Someone might bypass it, although I can actually see all of those listed attending 4CC. I think all the pairs will go due to their relative inexperience, and Cynthia could probably benefit from going too.

Custom Title
    I think Cynthia's skipping, though I think she should go. Actually, I think Canada should send Samson, LaCoste and DeSanctis to 4CC (experience, international results) and use the 4CC has a quasi-skate off and with Nationals decide the second spot.

Custom Title
    Najarro surely earned herself a spot at JW. Who will accompany her is more up in the air....either Charbonneau or Grenier (none of the junior ladies really made a case for themselves). I'd go with Grenier since she finished higher here, but if they skate the same as they did in the SP here or how they've skated internationally, they might struggle to make the LP.

Rogozine is likely, but I'd love to see Liam Firus go to JW too. He really imrpessed me.

Custom Title
    Canada only has one spot at junior worlds for ladies. So it should be Najarro's no question.

Custom Title
    I guess it is pretty likely that some of the medallists will skip 4CC. It's not like we haven't seen that before. I actually think it will be great for some of the skaters who didn't quite get to the podium to get the experience of a major international event.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Canada only has one spot at junior worlds for ladies. So it should be Najarro's no question.
    No, they have two, as Charbonneau finished 6th last year.

Custom Title
    World Juniors
    Nam Nguyen's too young. Likely seems that it'll be Rogozine and Firus or Morais. Probably Firus (more successful on the JGP).

Najarro's performance here should be enough. AND NEVER MIND, I was looking at the wrong year for the second ladies spot. No idea who should get it.

Orford/Williams and Olivera/Hockley were the most successful on the JGP circuit and went 1-2 at junior Nationals. Any other slate would be a shocker. Though Poulin/Servant actually had a higher position at their sole JGP with higher scores, so they could enter consideration.

Pairs: Probably both Schultz teams, unless they want to give Jones/Gaskell another pass.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    No, they have two, as Charbonneau finished 6th last year.
    Yeah, my bad. I looked at wikipedia's slot allocation for 2010, not 2011.

Custom Title
    Pairs: Probably both Schultz teams, unless they want to giveJones/Gaskell another pass.
    I think it could be Jones/Gaskell and Purich/Schultz, as Steele/Schultz did not skate well here and slipped to 3rd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Najarro surely earned herself a spot at JW. Who will accompany her is more up in the air....either Charbonneau or Grenier (none of the junior ladies really made a case for themselves). I'd go with Grenier since she finished higher here, but if they skate the same as they did in the SP here or how they've skated internationally, they might struggle to make the LP.

Rogozine is likely, but I'd love to see Liam Firus go to JW too. He really imrpessed me.
    Grenier really has no international reputation at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if Charbonneau was sent. She's been doing better in the FS recently, she just really needs to make sure not to bomb the SP like she has been most of this season...

I think Cynthia's skipping, though I think she should go. Actually, I think Canada should send Samson, LaCoste and DeSanctis to 4CC (experience, international results) and use the 4CC has a quasi-skate off and with Nationals decide the second spot.
    I think Samson and Lacoste could do a skate-off, but DeSanctis I wouldn't really consider ready to go to Worlds yet.

On the Ice
    I would love to see Skate Canada send DeSantis and Najarro to either Nebelhorn or Finlandia next year. Martinez and Balde can also use an international B experience to get back on the international scene.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast