Four Continents, Junior World, Senior World and Senior National Teams | Golden Skate

Four Continents, Junior World, Senior World and Senior National Teams

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I figured we could have a place to post the team rosters once they were announced.

I know that we have two spots for ladies and pairs and three spots for men and dance to the senior worlds, but I'm unsure as to how many skaters we're allowed for junior worlds and four continents.

nadster

Final Flight
4 continents is always 3 entries for all events. That applies to all countries.

In JW we have 2 spots in all disciplines.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Thanks, nadster.

I guess that we can pretty safely assume that SC will follow the ranking order from nationals when making the teams, so...

Four Continents:

Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson, Amelie Lacoste

Pairs: Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Duhamel/Radford, Lawrence/Swiegers

Senior Worlds:

Ladies: Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson

Pairs: Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Duhamel/Radford

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Will all the people going to worlds necessarily want to attend 4CC though? Someone might bypass it, although I can actually see all of those listed attending 4CC. I think all the pairs will go due to their relative inexperience, and Cynthia could probably benefit from going too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I think Cynthia's skipping, though I think she should go. Actually, I think Canada should send Samson, LaCoste and DeSanctis to 4CC (experience, international results) and use the 4CC has a quasi-skate off and with Nationals decide the second spot.

oleada

Record Breaker
Najarro surely earned herself a spot at JW. Who will accompany her is more up in the air....either Charbonneau or Grenier (none of the junior ladies really made a case for themselves). I'd go with Grenier since she finished higher here, but if they skate the same as they did in the SP here or how they've skated internationally, they might struggle to make the LP.

Rogozine is likely, but I'd love to see Liam Firus go to JW too. He really imrpessed me.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I guess it is pretty likely that some of the medallists will skip 4CC. It's not like we haven't seen that before. I actually think it will be great for some of the skaters who didn't quite get to the podium to get the experience of a major international event.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
World Juniors
Nam Nguyen's too young. Likely seems that it'll be Rogozine and Firus or Morais. Probably Firus (more successful on the JGP).

Najarro's performance here should be enough. AND NEVER MIND, I was looking at the wrong year for the second ladies spot. No idea who should get it.

Orford/Williams and Olivera/Hockley were the most successful on the JGP circuit and went 1-2 at junior Nationals. Any other slate would be a shocker. Though Poulin/Servant actually had a higher position at their sole JGP with higher scores, so they could enter consideration.

Pairs: Probably both Schultz teams, unless they want to give Jones/Gaskell another pass.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Najarro surely earned herself a spot at JW. Who will accompany her is more up in the air....either Charbonneau or Grenier (none of the junior ladies really made a case for themselves). I'd go with Grenier since she finished higher here, but if they skate the same as they did in the SP here or how they've skated internationally, they might struggle to make the LP.

Rogozine is likely, but I'd love to see Liam Firus go to JW too. He really imrpessed me.

Grenier really has no international reputation at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if Charbonneau was sent. She's been doing better in the FS recently, she just really needs to make sure not to bomb the SP like she has been most of this season...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Cynthia's skipping, though I think she should go. Actually, I think Canada should send Samson, LaCoste and DeSanctis to 4CC (experience, international results) and use the 4CC has a quasi-skate off and with Nationals decide the second spot.

I think Samson and Lacoste could do a skate-off, but DeSanctis I wouldn't really consider ready to go to Worlds yet.

goose

Rinkside
I would love to see Skate Canada send DeSantis and Najarro to either Nebelhorn or Finlandia next year. Martinez and Balde can also use an international B experience to get back on the international scene.

oleada

Record Breaker
DeSanctis has not met the ISU minimum score, so she'd have to be sent to some other international first (Bavarian Open?)

goose

Rinkside
Will Paul/Islam go to 4cc and worlds not Ralph/Hill? I can't believe this is the end of the season for Ralph/Hill. Is there a possibility that Skate Canada send P/I to junior worlds?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Will Paul/Islam go to 4cc and worlds not Ralph/Hill? I can't believe this is the end of the season for Ralph/Hill. Is there a possibility that Skate Canada send P/I to junior worlds?

No. The SD makes that a practical impossibility. They would have to relearn a new pattern step (Viennese Waltz instead of Golden) and create a new program (because there's two sequences done twice, not just one).

M

mylastduchess

Most of the medalists should be sent to 4CC there is a huge gap between 4CC and Worlds, and its the only competition left before Worlds thats why the Japanese team is sending most of its medalist to 4cc