Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Four Continents, Junior World, Senior World and Senior National Teams

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think Samson and Lacoste could do a skate-off, but DeSanctis I wouldn't really consider ready to go to Worlds yet.
    Oh, presumably. Which would become clear at 4CC. But if Phaneuf skips, they should send DeSanctis.

Custom Title
    DeSanctis has not met the ISU minimum score, so she'd have to be sent to some other international first (Bavarian Open?)

On the Ice
    Will Paul/Islam go to 4cc and worlds not Ralph/Hill? I can't believe this is the end of the season for Ralph/Hill. Is there a possibility that Skate Canada send P/I to junior worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Will Paul/Islam go to 4cc and worlds not Ralph/Hill? I can't believe this is the end of the season for Ralph/Hill. Is there a possibility that Skate Canada send P/I to junior worlds?
    No. The SD makes that a practical impossibility. They would have to relearn a new pattern step (Viennese Waltz instead of Golden) and create a new program (because there's two sequences done twice, not just one).

mylastduchess
    Most of the medalists should be sent to 4CC there is a huge gap between 4CC and Worlds, and its the only competition left before Worlds thats why the Japanese team is sending most of its medalist to 4cc

Custom Title
    Expect all Canadian Medalists to be sent to 4CC. I don't anticipate any absence with the exception of Ice Dance where one spot is reserved for Virtue/Moir, hence only C/P and W/P will accompany them.

Custom Title
    So does this mean that both Paul/Islam and Ralph/Hill's seasons are over? That's too bad...

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    So does this mean that both Paul/Islam and Ralph/Hill's seasons are over? That's too bad...
    Are they still not eligible for Junior worlds?

Custom Title
    The only medallist I see skipping 4CC is Patrick Chan.. all of the others would benefit a lot from going.

The only question mark is Virtue&Moir but I doubt theyll be ready, its only two weeks from now, so at least Paul & Islam will get to go there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    The only medallist I see skipping 4CC is Patrick Chan.. all of the others would benefit a lot from going.

The only question mark is Virtue&Moir but I doubt theyll be ready, its only two weeks from now, so at least Paul & Islam will get to go there.
    As of now, Paul/Islam have been excluded from both the world and 4CC team, and Virtue/Moir have been listed in their place (PJ just made the announcement on cbc). It seems that Patrick will skip 4CC, and Reynolds has been named in his place. Other than that, all of the entries are as expected.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I would love to see Skate Canada send DeSantis and Najarro to either Nebelhorn or Finlandia next year. Martinez and Balde can also use an international B experience to get back on the international scene.
    Najarro can still go back to the JGP next season so it is better to compete there for at least her scores will count for season bests lists at a JGP.

Senior B scores DO NOT count for ISU season bests lists ( but JGP scores do count). That's why it is always better for those who can to JGP's to get their ISU ranking points on the JGP rather than senior B's. Besides if one does well enough on JGP's to make the JGPF, you get a lot of extra points ( even if you finish dead last at JGPF ).

DeSantis definitely should get Nebelhorn and probably Skate Canada as well ( the only senior GP she can get at this point )

Tripping on the Podium
    PJ Kwong has just announced the 4CC and World Teams. If I heard correctly, the only one sitting out 4CC will be Patrick Chan. So from the men, they will send Shawn Sawyer, Joey Russell, and Kevin Reynolds.

The only concern I have with Sawyer having the performance of his life here (he really did need it) is that I REALLY hope he still has some left in the tank to perform well at 4CC and especially worlds. Looks like they officially announced that it is Sawyer and Russell going to worlds with Chan and no skate-off with Reynolds so not too much is on the line with 4CC. It would be good to build up momentum for these guys though. They need it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    PJ Kwong has just announced the 4CC and World Teams. If I heard correctly, the only one sitting out 4CC will be Patrick Chan. So from the men, they will send Shawn Sawyer, Joey Russell, and Kevin Reynolds.

The only concern I have with Sawyer having the performance of his life here (he really did need it) is that I REALLY hope he still has some left in the tank to perform well at 4CC and especially worlds. Looks like they officially announced that it is Sawyer and Russell going to worlds with Chan and no skate-off with Reynolds so not too much is on the line with 4CC. It would be good to build up momentum for these guys though. They need it!
    And what about V-M? C-P, W-P and P-I are at 4CC team? So V-M will not go?
    And what about Jinior WCh team?
    Wil Najarro going?
    Last edited by npa; 01-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Custom Title
    If I recall correctly, P.J. included V/M for Worlds and 4CC, but not P/I. However, she also said "the spot was being held" for V/M. If V/M opt not to go to one or both, perhaps P/I would take their place.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-24-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post

I'm surprised they named Joey to the World Team like that. Kevin has had much better international results recently and Joey, on top of being really inconsistent, seems to get very low scores internationally even when he does skate decently. I'm happy to see Joey go to Worlds, I just fear that he tanks and doesn't make it to the FS...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast