Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Mens LP

Custom Title
    How about this folks. He's talking about trying the quad flip next year.

"“There's more to come,” he said. “Forget about technically. Technically I think I've got it covered, although maybe the quad flip – people in Colorado are telling me I could easily do it, the way I land the triple. I guess I trust them enough to try it, so I think I'll strap on the harness again this summer."

Last year, forget the quad, the 3A was still iffy. Is still iffy. Quad wasn't working. Quad started working. Quad combo started working. Then what, last week, he says he'll try two. He does two.

I'm agog at this young man.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    haven't taken time to read through, but Patrick was great . I even thought he was beginning to show a bit more fluidity in the body.

Shawn ..hallelujah! What a fabulous skate for him. So sad for Kevin ( Is this the character building part ?), but thrilled for Joey.

Absolutely overjoyed for Elladj I hope it's clear sailing ahead for him,now.

Custom Title
    I admit that prior to this weekend, I had given up on Shawn Sawyer. I was hoping someone else would take the bronze (ha!) and get to go to worlds. Not anymore. Of all the skaters there, he looked the hungriest and most determined to do well. His SP was intense, and his LP was inspiring. I am so, so thrilled for him. The audience, as with Chan, was on its feet 30 seconds before he finished. I think this is the best he has ever competed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    How about this folks. He's talking about trying the quad flip next year.

"“There's more to come,” he said. “Forget about technically. Technically I think I've got it covered, although maybe the quad flip – people in Colorado are telling me I could easily do it, the way I land the triple. I guess I trust them enough to try it, so I think I'll strap on the harness again this summer."

Last year, forget the quad, the 3A was still iffy. Is still iffy. Quad wasn't working. Quad started working. Quad combo started working. Then what, last week, he says he'll try two. He does two.

I'm agog at this young man.
    Slow down, Patrick! If you don't need breath, we, skating fans, need breath. Are you trying to steal the crown from the greats in the past? ...I'm kidding.

Go Patrick Chan!

Custom Title
    Also, a quick tribute to Annie Barabe. The gold in ladies, the silver in men. Whatever mojo she's got with her skaters, it's clearly working.

Custom Title
    I have never been a fan of Chan's but if he is going to starting bring the goods to market then I have to start buying. Congratulations to him and job well done.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Thanks, but still, can't watch it from outside of Canada.

Waiting for someone posting it on youtube.

Custom Title
    Oh, and a quick note of someone I thought is a guy to watch for the future: Liam Firus. He's already got beautiful artistry, and great jumps — though he does not yet have the 3axel.

Tripping on the Podium
    I just found an ariticle about Sawyer's comback amoung other things. If you read the bottom half, it has Sawyer mentioning publicly that Skate Canada was not at all supportive of his comeback.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...224/story.html

Custom Title
    Patrick is not going to 4CC which I think is the right decision. He would need the experience if the Nationals skate was not satisfactory but with this intimidating success, it's best to stay back not giving the competitors a chance to practice competing with him. Let them fear his further development at home before the Worlds.

Meanwhile, I've got the video I've wanted for a year - a clean perfect POTO - that I can watch over and over. Until he tops it in Tokyo. Whatever happens then, nobody and nothing can take tonight away from him. Or from me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    I admit that prior to this weekend, I had given up on Shawn Sawyer. I was hoping someone else would take the bronze (ha!) and get to go to worlds. Not anymore. Of all the skaters there, he looked the hungriest and most determined to do well. His SP was intense, and his LP was inspiring. I am so, so thrilled for him. The audience, as with Chan, was on its feet 30 seconds before he finished. I think this is the best he has ever competed.
    There is no doubt that this was the best competition I have ever seen Shawn produced. Doing this at 26 y of age it makes it that much sweeter, when i think everyone has written him off (not just you).
    He reportedly stayed in only to make it once more time to the worlds, which he now comfortably did. Good luck in Tokyo for him.
    Last edited by herios; 01-24-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    There is no doubt that this was the best competition I have ever seen Shawn produced. Doing this at 26 y of age it makes it that much sweeter, when i think everyone has written him off (not just you).
    He reportedly stayed in only to make it once more time to the worlds, which he now comfortably did. Good luck in Tokyo for him.
    I think if he skates like that, he can show up on the top 10, which would be such a great achivement for him. (He was 21st in 2006 and 12th at the 2006 Olympics).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    I just found an ariticle about Sawyer's comback amoung other things. If you read the bottom half, it has Sawyer mentioning publicly that Skate Canada was not at all supportive of his comeback.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...224/story.html
    While I understand that Skate Canada would like to push forward the youngsters and retire Sawyer, who has had a lifetime struggle with his 3 axel, you saw what happened tonight. Beside the exuberance for Patrick, sadly, there is not a whole lot to cheer about. When your skaters finished 3-6 at your senior nationals are unable to land cleanly even 6 triples then you have to know, there is a lot of trouble. One flower (Chan), won't bring spring over to you, that is for sure. You might have the future world champion, but him alone, won't be able to qualify 3 skaters. That is why is so nice Sawyer stepped up to the table and seized the moment. Reynolds crumbled rather badly undeer the pressure. All the talk about defeating Chan...

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Thanks, but still, can't watch it from outside of Canada.

Waiting for someone posting it on youtube.
    Thanks for posting it...I'm in Canada, so I had no problem. I watched Patrick again...wow.

Bluebonnet, if you want to try, you can do a search for a Canadian proxy. Put the CBC link into the space on the webpage here: http://www.canadaproxy.org/ and click "Go". Hopefully it should work for you.

Edit: Sorry, it seems that it asks me to install Flash when I try to view the video through the proxy.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 01-24-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast