Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Mens LP

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

Many of us know to recognize, appreciate and marvel at something great and rare that just happened. If we get to enjoy additionally haters' implosions and futile pathetic attempts to discredit such an accomplishment, so much the better. Thank you.
    Oh people are upset cause with this kind of skate I can see Chan dominating all competitions till Sochi à la Plushy 2002-2006. If he is clean he will be unbeatable. He is going to kick every favorite skater butt we have and rightfully so.

on a side note I m delighted Evgeni got his silver last season and is forbidden to skate now, one butt less to be kicked.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Sorry for the delay in posting Shawn's performance, but I tried to record it in different ways to minimize the "shaky" graphics. I'm still disappointed with the way the video looks, but I can't make it any better. :( I used to have a YouTube account with 175 figure skating programs, but it was shut down last year, so I'll give you guys the MediaFire download link. Hopefully a better quality video will show up in the near future.

2011 Shawn Sawyer CFSC LP (CBC television) 155.70 MB: http://www.mediafire.com/?aa2d70jqaj47bz1

ETA: You can always shrink the size of your media player so that the movements are smoother.
    Last edited by siberia82; 01-25-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    on a side note I m delighted Evgeni got his silver last season and is forbidden to skate now, one butt less to be kicked.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh people are upset cause with this kind of skate I can see Chan dominating all competitions till Sochi à la Plushy 2002-2006. If he is clean he will be unbeatable. He is going to kick every favorite skater butt we have and rightfully so.

I get it if people have different preferences and criteria so Chan is not their cup of tea. These are not "haters" and I see many happily or grudgingly acknowledge his great performance.

Others however have to discredit him no matter what, some in not so subtle manner, some by giving faint praise with a dig, while others wield long winded pseudo logical ultimately self-styled grandioso essays.

Thanks to Patrick Chan bringing it with real action, I can be just bemused by the haters' desperate antics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I thought Patrick's interpretation of the music was great. I've understood the criticism before of him skating through the music in the past, but this time, no way.
    I thought he felt every note of the music, as Scott Hamilton would say. Truly. I was completely caught up in the performance.
    It gave me the shivers - and my feed was fuzzy. I can't even imagine how sensational it must have been live.
    If ONE judge got caught up in his performance and gave him a 10 for interpretation, what is the big deal? How many times does that happen for favorites at nationals? Geez, Sasha Cohen got a perfect six for presenation at U.S. nationals in 2004 from one judge and she fell. And Michelle Kwan never got as many perfect sixes at worlds as she did at nationals. And for that matter, Rachael Flatt broke 200 points last year at nationals.

Under 6.0 I probably would have given him a 5.9 for tech merit and 5.9 for presentation. (As expressive as I thought he was, I don't think he's quite as natural a performer as a Daisuke or a Michelle Kwan or Alexei Yagudin.) But if one judge had given him a 6.0 I wouldn't have hit the roof.
    ITA agree layfan but especially the bolded statement and I'm no Chan fan. I just recognize his talent however he has never (even in this amazing performance) moved me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    So (thanks Siberia) Gumby is a green clay figure Is this Shawn's official nickname then?
    Oh gosh...Shawn's been called Gumby online for years now. Not sure when it started, but I've been calling him that for years, so it's at least his official online nickname.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Patrick is not going to 4CC which I think is the right decision.
    Best decision for him I think. When an athlete has a performance of the amazing quality as his was, he/she needs to have time to come down from the peak and plateau, so he/she can refuel and (hopefully) rise again. Chan may not move me emotionally, but I'm not a hater without reason, although that doesn't stop some of his fans from labeling me as one, even if I'm just showing some concern for him that he may have had his Worlds performance 2 months too early (whenever he has fallen 4 times and won, I think I have a valid reason to complain). I fully respect how difficult it is to deliver a performance consisting of the technical difficulty he displayed at Nationals, and to achieve it as wonderfully well as he did, and it will certainly be interesting to see if he can repeat it in Tokyo. Great for him and his fans!

So (thanks Siberia) Gumby is a green clay figure Is this Shawn's official nickname then?
    The Gumby toy was made out of rubber and you could twist him into all kinds of funny shapes. So one thing people mean when they call somene Gumby is that he/she is extremely flexible. Sasha Cohen was called that sometimes.

The other thing about Gumby is that he had an asymmetrical head, like a hair style that is piled up on one side in front. So someone with that kind of hair style is a Gumby, too.

I dpn't know if either of these applies th Shawn, though.,

^

Th first for sure I am not so sure about the second

It's funny that I didn't know about Gumby. Usually all sorts of weird american shows and stuff end up in Swedish television sooner or later

In addition to the great first three guys I must express how happy I am that Balde is back. Hope he stays healthy and hangs on. And now, being top five, he gets financial support according to other posters.
    Elladj is now part of the national team, so he will receive funding and international assignments next season (if we're lucky, the federation might give him a spot at the Skate Canada International).

Will we see him at 4CC?
    No; Shawn, Joey and Kevin have already been named to the 4CC team. I'd imagine that Elladj will be an alternate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    Somebody please post some of the other LP performances on YouTube - we Canadian skating fans in the US are going crazy trying to see what you are all talking about !!!!! thanks!
    I've already posted Shawn's LP on MediaFire (See Post #364), but I can made vids of the other guys as well if you don't mind the not-so-good quality. (Please note that CBC television only aired the final flight.)

Custom Title
    In case anyone missed it, here's a decent quality video of Shawn's LP on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv2hBOJALYM

Banned
    Is there anywhere I can download Patrick's LP from yesterday? I really want to own it :P so I can watch it whenever I want. I know I can watch it on CBC or YouTube, but they can be taken down anytime. This skate will become a classic that many years from now, it will be mentioned again.

Custom Title
    Perform a google search for "youtube" AND "download". There are several software/websites which can capture youtube videos, converting them into formats which can be played on a PC.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    In case anyone missed it, here's a decent quality video of Shawn's LP on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv2hBOJALYM
    Thanks, evangeline!

I think this is my absolute favorite men's program of the season. I just love everything about it, from his crazy hand movements to the way he integrates his jumps, to his costume. What a special skater Shawn is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Is there a video of the program posted yet with Kurt Browning + Tracy Wilson commentary? I can not STAND listening to PJ Wong and Josee Chouinard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Is there anywhere I can download Patrick's LP from yesterday? I really want to own it :P so I can watch it whenever I want.
    I can make the video, but it won't be a good quality one. If that doesn't bother you too much, just let me know and I'll begin creating it.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast