Mens LP | Golden Skate

Mens LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Summary of the event that is yet to skate: Reynolds comes back like last year but only makes it to bronze. Chan is overmarked - in fact, they inflate his PCS just as much as we saw Russian Nationals inflate Gachinski's PCS - by 12 points (that's right. Chan is less than a point away of being considered the perfect PCS machine. Patrick Chan Scores indeed). Sawyer is overjoyed. Rogozine also comes back and makes it into the top five. Joey Russel hangs on for fourth.

Please say it isn't so. I want Shawn and Joey to join Patrick in Tokyo.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Please say it isn't so. I want Shawn and Joey to join Patrick in Tokyo.

That probably is what's going to happen, except I'm not sure about the Rogozine thing. I think Kevin might doom himself by attempting too many quads again too. I really hope Shawn doesn't bomb and holds on to second. I'm glad he's usually not someone who bombs, because I'm worried about his technical difficulty compared to a few of the others.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:cry::cry::cry: link is blocked

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that non-Canadians can't watch the Men's LP. :( It was nice having international fans join our conversation as the event happened for a change.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Summary of the event that is yet to skate: Reynolds comes back like last year but only makes it to bronze. Chan is overmarked - in fact, they inflate his PCS just as much as we saw Russian Nationals inflate Gachinski's PCS - by 12 points (that's right. Chan is less than a point away of being considered the perfect PCS machine. Patrick Chan Scores indeed). Sawyer is overjoyed. Rogozine also comes back and makes it into the top five. Joey Russel hangs on for fourth.

Or something else happens.

Gee. I wish a thread on such an anticipated event has not been opened with such negative and judgemental opinion about Canada's best who has represented Canada so well in the world. You are predicting what each of the top competitors may do and be at but about Patrick, the best of the bunch and possibly of the world, you don't care how he would do, just decided and determined that he will not deserve his marks no matter what. The only reflection is not on him but only that you will dispise him no matter what.

Would you like to be sole and deciding judge to mark him way down so he wouldn't go out to shame us Canadians in international competitions? I'm glad you are not. Patrick Chan is one of the greatest skaters in the world and I'm happy and proud he's Canadian.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh dear god, my post was meant to be satiric. If you were a Chan supporter at Skate Canada (like I was) you'd understand why I posted things in jest right away. Fact is people post such hyperbolic hysteria that the only way I deal with it is to mock it. Which is what I was doing.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh dear god, my post was meant to be satiric. If you were a Chan supporter at Skate Canada (like I was) you'd understand why I posted things in jest right away. Fact is people post such hyperbolic hysteria that the only way I deal with it is to mock it. Which is what I was doing.

Then you should be able to take it as well as you can dish it. Whew.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
will the main cbc channel show skating later?

Yes, we're supposed to have the Free Dance and the Men's LP at 8:00PM ET. Of course, the CBC might decide to air only Chan's performance, chack the other male singles skaters and broadcast hockey instead. (Yes, I'm still bitter that we were shortchanged on the Men's SP. :mad:)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Btw, is there someone who can summarize a skater's performance for the non-Canadians who can't watch the live stream? I'm very, very, very bad at identifying jumps, so I'm of no use on that front.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yacobi-Harris: no falls, one doubled jump, no 3A or 3-3. He was happy after the skate, but his marks were 95 and change, which he didn't seem impressed with.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I am awake and no stream, thats unfair :( The showed us the short and now they are taking the cake away:scowl: