Mens LP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Mens LP

jettasian

Match Penalty
Not that it matters to me. Just curious - what do you base your LOL overscore on? Gap over 2nd place is not a basis to judge the fairness of scores.

I was being sarcastic. I don't know why Chan always gets signle out as overscored etc. Based on what I read, Joey Russel's over scored as well right?

emma

Record Breaker
OK, dumb question perhaps, but while I was watching the paid US feed of nationals on icenetwork, I was watching a stream on another site that I thought was from the CBC. (Yes, I had two competitions going on at the same time. I love this sport, what can I say.) Was it the CBC? I ask this because the Canadian feed I had was definitely live, yet more than one person (I think) has asked if the CBC has shown it yet, so I'm a bit confused.

snowflake posted a link to some live radio show that was streaming the final flight (maybe streaming earlier, but I don't know). Anyway, someone somewhere in the thread mentioned that CBC tv was showing some of the men's but with delay (I guess because of the time differences in Canada). So, I'm just hoping that the tv version is clear and down/up-loadable to youtube.

SkateSkates

Medalist
The thing that bothers me is the 10 for interpretation. Was that really the perfect interpretation? Could no-one have done it better?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I believe jettasian was being facetious. He normally is very supportive of Patrick (at least, he was one of the few brave souls who was defending Patrick during Skate Canada).

Hahaha. This is our night and Chan supporters are having too much fun. The target of mocking can get confused because usually it's almost always aimed at Patrick by his haters. Some of us are dilariously out of character!

emma

Record Breaker
The thing that bothers me is the 10 for interpretation. Was that really the perfect interpretation? Could no-one have done it better?

I suspect when we all calm down we might even question the 9.5's for skating skills. And, I will admit that honestly, PE and I scores have troubled me for quite awhile for lot's of skater's, but particularly Chan. And, I will also admit that I am still too "6.0ified" in my first viewing to be objective, particularly with a skate like tonight's skate. That said, it was pretty darn good interpretation, so what, maybe that should be like 7.5 or 8? I dunno. I still wish I could have been in that arena.

emma

Record Breaker
Ok, so back to interpretation....I know that Dorispulaski has written about how she/he hates that Chan just has music in the background, that someone with his skills should be more musical. I would love to hear his/her more objective take on the PCS in general and I and PE in particular. At the same time --- it is amazing to me how a clean and powerful performance can overwhelm, for me, the importance of these distinctions. So, I can't stop gushing.....sorry if it offends.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I half joked about this scenario before: The factor for PCS is 2 so that its ceiling is exactly 100, supposedly to match the presumed TES ceiling. Now that Patrick has scored over 100 on TES, making it a real possibility in an international competition...........:think:

eta: I got it! Patrick Chan is underscored in PCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The CBC showed it live, right? I ask this because the Canadian feed I had was definitely live, yet more than one person (I think) has asked if the CBC has shown it yet, so I'm a bit confused.

There's a difference between the CBCSports.ca website and the CBC main network (or CBC television). There's also CBC bold, a cable channel. Radio-Canada is the Quebec equivalent of CBC television.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you know, he's an inspiration to every other skater who thinks that maybe they should just give up ... he's just kept on and on fighting and improving and using what he has, and going for it ...

here's hoping the US sees the same sort of skates from Ryan Bradley this week...

jettasian

Match Penalty
I believe jettasian was being facetious. He normally is very supportive of Patrick (at least, he was one of the few brave souls who was defending Patrick during Skate Canada).

Ah, I feel so honored to be called a brave soul. That's too much, but I'll take it :laugh:

Chantastic all the way, even when he's down and beaten, I have always support him.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Wow, Wow, Wow! What an incredible Canadian Nationals! Patrick Chan!:bow::bow::bow: I am officially a Patrick Chan fan now! I was afraid of saying anything before the Canadian Nationals, for fear of jinxing him. This is just what I have been waiting for!

From a quadless-Chan last year to one of the most consistant quad guys this season, first outing was with a quad in SP and a quad in LP. Now one quad in SP, two quads in LP, one in combo, all perfect, and 3A, total 7 triples, and a 2A long program still with complicated footworks, first class spins. Can't get any better than that! What an incredible, incredible guy!!!!!

197.07 is too high? Who cares?! If any skater could do it like this, he'll deserve the same. I'm not going to waste my time to try to find any flaws to prove that he does or doesn't deserve the score he got. The truth is Chan is the best in the world right now. This time, he proved it on the ice.

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Balde is quite the showman; does anyone know how old is he?

I don't know if someone has already answered your question (there are so many posts in this thread!), but in case no one has, Elladj is 20 years old (his birth date is Nov. 9, 1990).

emma

Record Breaker
sorry, what happened? I'm obviously late to the party, did Shawn get shafted?

No, no....ImaginaryPogue was saying that on CBC they said Chan was NOT landing the quads in practice....so I though that was funny given the outcome of tonight.

and Siberia82, thanks for the info. I hope he continues to shine, I really enjoyed his (Balde that is) program tonight and think it might have been the first time I saw him skate.