Mens LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens LP

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Morais: problems with both 3As (first likely Ur'ed, second DG'ed - and no combo, so that means his 3A will be worth just over half it's regular value before GOE loss, which will be -2 at least). 113 and change.

Y-H included a fourth combo so invalid element. PJ/Josee missed it.

goose

Rinkside
Samuel Morais
3A, good
3F -3t good
edges are weak, slow in circular step
3A, step out

Just like Rafael, Samuel is in developmental stage. people who follow JGPs probably heard of him. Samuel is a very tall skater, and didn't have much height on his jumps.

goose

Rinkside
I love the explosiveness and beautiful flight of Charles Dion. Then, he completely ran out of steam in second half. Started out strong, and then he fizzled... What a shame.

3Lutz-step out - 3toe, great knee reaction and height
He doubled 3 jumps in second half and then fell on 3Flip.

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
Yes, we're supposed to have the Free Dance and the Men's LP at 8:00PM ET. Of course, the CBC might decide to air only Chan's performance, chack the other male singles skaters and broadcast hockey instead. (Yes, I'm still bitter that we were shortchanged on the Men's SP. :mad:)

Oh for God's sake, can we stop the whining over HNIC "chacking" skating. You do realize that Victoria's in the far West and due to that, it's giving the CBC fits when it comes to showing events on the Main Network period!! Just as the same thing happened in 09 w/Worlds in LA, but people still complained the CBC should have showed the main stuff in the Eastern Time Zones in Prime Time. Gee, I didn't know the CBC had the power to speed up time, but many people seemed to think otherwise.

I'm going to say this again, and I'm going to try and make this as easy to understand as possible...

HNIC is the CBC Sports Dept main money maker. It's huge when it comes to revenue, ratings and sponsorship deals for the CBC. It's also live, which means if they'd decided to chack it for skating, not only would there be one heck of a howl heard across this country, but they also would have been in breach of contract w/the NHL. Believe me, they're not that stupid to do that. Not only that, but thanks to all of the Sponsorship money they get from HNIC, they use that to help pay for the contracts for their other sports coverage. Such as Figure Skating.

I realize not everyone can access Bold or the online coverage, but this time the CBC's hands are tied thanks to the location of Cdns being in our Western most city. There's only so much they really can do and they're doing the best they can.

Let me also remind you, we came damned close not that long ago to not having any skating coverage in Canada. We're lucky the CBC stepped up to the plate.

What really blows my mind though is that fellow Canadians of all people are complaing about hockey taking priority over Figure Skating. Of course it will, as it's our National Sport people.

I realized I more than likely just wasted bandwidth w/that, but thought I'd give it another go to try and bring some actual facts and common sense into this.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Ferland's on the ice/just finished. He's got some interesting choreography (particularly love the bit from his flip to his spin), but his program is a little narcoleptic.

goose

Rinkside
Ferland

3A, hand-down
2 other triple jumps with hand down
Good performance, but he abandons his program before jumps in anticipation and forces the jumps.
2A-2A sequence
Good edge jumper, 3loop-2t-2t combo
113, moved into the lead

next group on.

goose

Rinkside
ok. next group my favourite guy is on, so update will be sparse.

Maxim-Billy, and Marc-Andre are in the group. Maxim has been knocking on the door for some time. He wasn't at Last year's Canadians, was he?

OK, Maxim's musicality has greatly improved.

Last edited:

ibauer

Rinkside
Oh for God's sake, can we stop the whining over HNIC "chacking" skating. You do realize that Victoria's in the far West and due to that, it's giving the CBC fits when it comes to showing events on the Main Network period!! Just as the same thing happened in 09 w/Worlds in LA, but people still complained the CBC should have showed the main stuff in the Eastern Time Zones in Prime Time. Gee, I didn't know the CBC had the power to speed up time, but many people seemed to think otherwise.

I'm going to say this again, and I'm going to try and make this as easy to understand as possible...

HNIC is the CBC Sports Dept main money maker. It's huge when it comes to revenue, ratings and sponsorship deals for the CBC. It's also live, which means if they'd decided to chack it for skating, not only would there be one heck of a howl heard across this country, but they also would have been in breach of contract w/the NHL. Believe me, they're not that stupid to do that. Not only that, but thanks to all of the Sponsorship money they get from HNIC, they use that to help pay for the contracts for their other sports coverage. Such as Figure Skating.

I realize not everyone can access Bold or the online coverage, but this time the CBC's hands are tied thanks to the location of Cdns being in our Western most city. There's only so much they really can do and they're doing the best they can.

Let me also remind you, we came damned close not that long ago to not having any skating coverage in Canada. We're lucky the CBC stepped up to the plate.

What really blows my mind though is that fellow Canadians of all people are complaing about hockey taking priority over Figure Skating. Of course it will, as it's our National Sport people.

I realized I more than likely just wasted bandwidth w/that, but thought I'd give it another go to try and bring some actual facts and common sense into this.

Take a chill pill already. Jeez.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
ok. next group my favourite guy is on, so update will be sparse.

Maxim-Billy, and Marc-Andre are in the group. Maxim has been knocking on the door for some time. He wasn't at Last year's Canadians, was he?

OK, Maxim's musicality has greatly improved.

They said Maxim took last year off.

goose

Rinkside
Maxim,

I enjoyed so much. This is first program in years where his true personality came out.

3A, singled
3flip-3toe, lean in both jumps, but landed.
3sal, nice
3sal-2t, nice
spiral into 3flip, very difficult entry, but he landed.
step sequence, entertaining audience, he was having fun.

He used to land 4t, regularly in his heydays.