Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Mens LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    The thing that bothers me is the 10 for interpretation. Was that really the perfect interpretation? Could no-one have done it better?
    I suspect when we all calm down we might even question the 9.5's for skating skills. And, I will admit that honestly, PE and I scores have troubled me for quite awhile for lot's of skater's, but particularly Chan. And, I will also admit that I am still too "6.0ified" in my first viewing to be objective, particularly with a skate like tonight's skate. That said, it was pretty darn good interpretation, so what, maybe that should be like 7.5 or 8? I dunno. I still wish I could have been in that arena.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Haters to the left, please....
    We got also Beyonce on board

Custom Title
    Ok, so back to interpretation....I know that Dorispulaski has written about how she/he hates that Chan just has music in the background, that someone with his skills should be more musical. I would love to hear his/her more objective take on the PCS in general and I and PE in particular. At the same time --- it is amazing to me how a clean and powerful performance can overwhelm, for me, the importance of these distinctions. So, I can't stop gushing.....sorry if it offends.

Custom Title
    SkateSkates, last year D/W received a perfect 10 for their POTO interpretation. If they do, he does.

Custom Title
    I half joked about this scenario before: The factor for PCS is 2 so that its ceiling is exactly 100, supposedly to match the presumed TES ceiling. Now that Patrick has scored over 100 on TES, making it a real possibility in an international competition...........

eta: I got it! Patrick Chan is underscored in PCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-23-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    SkateSkates, last year D/W received a perfect 10 for their POTO interpretation. If they do, he does.
    I kind of thought was great, too (guess i'm just an easy grader!!!!).

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    The CBC showed it live, right? I ask this because the Canadian feed I had was definitely live, yet more than one person (I think) has asked if the CBC has shown it yet, so I'm a bit confused.
    There's a difference between the CBCSports.ca website and the CBC main network (or CBC television). There's also CBC bold, a cable channel. Radio-Canada is the Quebec equivalent of CBC television.

Custom Title
    I'm watching it on CBC. Basically Patrick bombed practice - he didn't land the quads at all (according to Irving).

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    you know, he's an inspiration to every other skater who thinks that maybe they should just give up ... he's just kept on and on fighting and improving and using what he has, and going for it ...
    here's hoping the US sees the same sort of skates from Ryan Bradley this week...

Custom Title
    ^ given the outcome, that's kind of hilarious.

Banned
    I believe jettasian was being facetious. He normally is very supportive of Patrick (at least, he was one of the few brave souls who was defending Patrick during Skate Canada).
    Ah, I feel so honored to be called a brave soul. That's too much, but I'll take it

Chantastic all the way, even when he's down and beaten, I have always support him.

Custom Title
    Wow, Wow, Wow! What an incredible Canadian Nationals! Patrick Chan! I am officially a Patrick Chan fan now! I was afraid of saying anything before the Canadian Nationals, for fear of jinxing him. This is just what I have been waiting for!

From a quadless-Chan last year to one of the most consistant quad guys this season, first outing was with a quad in SP and a quad in LP. Now one quad in SP, two quads in LP, one in combo, all perfect, and 3A, total 7 triples, and a 2A long program still with complicated footworks, first class spins. Can't get any better than that! What an incredible, incredible guy!!!!!

197.07 is too high? Who cares?! If any skater could do it like this, he'll deserve the same. I'm not going to waste my time to try to find any flaws to prove that he does or doesn't deserve the score he got. The truth is Chan is the best in the world right now. This time, he proved it on the ice.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-23-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Balde is quite the showman; does anyone know how old is he?
    I don't know if someone has already answered your question (there are so many posts in this thread!), but in case no one has, Elladj is 20 years old (his birth date is Nov. 9, 1990).

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    ^ given the outcome, that's kind of hilarious.
    sorry, what happened? I'm obviously late to the party, did Shawn get shafted?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    sorry, what happened? I'm obviously late to the party, did Shawn get shafted?
    No, no....ImaginaryPogue was saying that on CBC they said Chan was NOT landing the quads in practice....so I though that was funny given the outcome of tonight.

and Siberia82, thanks for the info. I hope he continues to shine, I really enjoyed his (Balde that is) program tonight and think it might have been the first time I saw him skate.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast