Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Mens LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    In case anyone missed it, here's a decent quality video of Shawn's LP on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv2hBOJALYM
    I think I'm in love!

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    here's hoping the US sees the same sort of skates from Ryan Bradley this week...
    Interesting that you should mention Ryan. I was just telling a friend that Shawn's story this season is somewhat similar to Kristoffer Berntsson's, but I should've included Bradley as well. All three are "old" skaters with great presentation skills who failed to make the 2010 Olympic and World team, and they were expected to retire. Instead they decided to give it one more shot, not wanting their amateur careers to end on a low note.

Most FS fans underestimated Shawn and Koffe before their national events, but both proved the detractors wrong. We'll have to wait and see what will happen with Ryan, but it would be really cool if he exceeded people's expectations.

Rinkside
    The video of Shawn's LP is fabulous siberia82. I have yet to see the Kurt/Tracey version of Patrick's skate so if you decide to make one I will be first in line to download it!

Custom Title

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    On a serious note, while I think in that competition Patrick deserved to win, his ridiculous score is nothing more than a Canadian political trick for Japanese and French: "Look, our guy's score is waaaaayy better than yours' at your nationals!" And we all know that the Worlds will be in Japan.

Btw, does anybody know why Canadian commentators can't shut up during the skating? Is it the local TV audience's requirement or something else?
    "Political trick"? Oh please spare us the controversy. Plushenko broke 100 points last year in his Russian Nationals SP. Not every country is 'modest' like the Japan nationals.

You talkers need to quit bashing on Canadian commentators. First you get Barbara Underhill fired from her long time post where her contract wasn't renewed, now we have a new sweetie Josée Chouinard, who's hometown girl with Joanne Rochette, please leave her alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlmart View Post
    The video of Shawn's LP is fabulous siberia82. I have yet to see the Kurt/Tracey version of Patrick's skate so if you decide to make one I will be first in line to download it!
    You're far too kind; the vid isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, but I'm glad that you liked it anyway. Kurt and Tracy talk a lot less during Patrick's performance than on the CBC bold version, so I'm sure you'll appreciate that! I'm uploading his LP as I type this, so you will have it soon.

While I'm waiting, I guess I should mention my thoughts about our national champion since I've been neglecting him so far. People generally seem to love or hate Chan's skating, while my feelings were somewhere in the middle. Over-all I like him, but depending on how he performed, sometimes I leaned towards the fan-gushing (though I wouldn't call myself a fan), while other times I was more inclined listen to what the haters said (though I could never despise him).

For this competition, I definitely agree with his fans that he was absolutely Chan-tastic this past weekend!!! Patrick's free skate was so mesmerizing that it always surprises me when it ends because it felt so short! There were moments in his career when I felt that he wasn't fulfilling potential the way I hoped he would, but WOW, what we saw at Canadians was out-of-this-world!!! For the first time, I finally saw how untouchable he truly is when he skates his best (I'm talking performance-wise, not points-wise).

I had some minor reception problems, which is why there was no sound for several seconds in the middle of the program. As I mentioned in the post with Shawn's LP, you can shrink the size of your media player so that the vid looks less "shaky".

2011 Patrick Chan CFSC LP (CBC television) 157.07 MB: http://www.mediafire.com/?zi09wvwg37uia09

Tripping on the Podium
    Hey all. I will have to find Siberia82's video. Sounds like it's great quality! I can't get Sawyer's performance out of my head!

Here's an article from Rosie Dimanno that all but rips apart Shawn Sawyer and his inclusion on the 2011 world team. If you read near the end of the article, she even goes as far as to call his program loud and CRUDE, even criticizing him wearing that mad hatter hat at the end. Heaven forbid he entertains an audience!

As much as the future should be promoted (Reynolds and those quads are something we haven`t seen the last of yet), Sawyer earned his spot on the team. SO did Joey Russell.There`s a few years left for the future to build. For diminishing their accomplishments (and Russel`s and Sawyer`s accomplishments this Nationals were BIG), let`s say I`ve lost some respect for Dimanno (not that I ever had any tangible respect for her after the articles I have read from her over the years).

http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...orryingly-thin
    Last edited by oakl0008; 01-25-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Shawn Sawyer should compete for another year just to piss off that soggy *****.

His LP would go over very well with the French crowd at 2012 Worlds. He can tailor a new SP for next season with French sensibilities in mind as well. He'd gain a bunch of fans. We need more skaters like him.

Custom Title
    I can see her point on Sawyer. Like congrats on being on a teenage level and finally kind of being able to do a 3A! LOL!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I can see her point on Sawyer. Like congrats on being on a teenage level and finally kind of being able to do a 3A! LOL!
    So what are you suggesting? Sending Reynolds to worlds in place of him? I can see the point but she doesn't even have the guts to say that point blank other than to make snarky comments about Sawyer and his program. Quite a few younger Canadian men skaters have issues with the 3A. Dimanno ripped apart his actual program calling it "crude" and even taking a shot at him wearing the Mad Hatter hat at the end of it. Was that really necessary? Not by a professional writer I would think. I don't even remember her mentioning the 3A after the rest of her garbage.

Ha! Bladesofpassion. Nice comment.

Custom Title
    I got mixed up. She wrote about Russell having 2 double axels (and the protocol indicates his 3A was weak- all -2's). I was thinking of my reaction to Sawyer and his 3A problems a lot of the time. I would flat out send Reynolds to worlds and Russell to 4CC but of course Russell earned his spot to worlds. I'd just trust in Reynolds more than Russell or Sawyer. Chan has his own 3A problems but at least he is a solid quad bet now. With Russell or Sawyer iffy on quads and 3a. I know you can say the exact same thing about Reynolds too! So I see where she is coming from. Just flat out criticizing Sawyers program the way she doesn't seem the most important thing she can be writing about.

Custom Title
    DiManno's homophobia is plainly obvious. Little surprise from her. She is so butch she is a women who is even sexist against fellow women. Her article thrashing the Hockey Hall of Fame for inducting a couple of great female hockey players tells it all.

Tripping on the Podium
    After reading some of Dimanno`s articles since 2006, I am going to have to agree with you pantongfan. Where her vitrol comes from I don`t know, but if she can discriminate against her own like what you mentioned, this doesn`t suprise me either. Too bad she still gets paid for writing that garbage.
    Last edited by oakl0008; 01-25-2011 at 03:32 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    who is Rosie Dimanno?
    Not including Sawyer is the most stupid thing I read, his Lp is one of the best in the season, I wanna see it at Worlds!!

Custom Title
    Ouch!!! I've seen a Canadian version of Hursh. Truth hurts sometimes.

I don't know who she is and has never read her column before. By judging this article alone, apart from this quote,"is pretty much a waste in a year when Canada has qualified three spots for men at worlds." when talked about Sawyer going to the worlds which didn't sound right, this article largely was saying the truth, even though some people who are in the height of the joy don't want to know.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast