Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: Mens LP

Custom Title
    It baffled and saddened me there was so much hate and cyber bullying out there, not just toward Patrick, though he was among the favorite targets. OTOH, it also showed he was the "it" guy to attracte so much negative attention. For a little while I became concerned how the negative energy might affect him. Seeing how he has overcome and transcended all the ill will and damning is truly inspiring. Now I enjoy both his current success and his journey to more achievements while being bemused by the desperate futile attemps to put him down.

Skaters' ***** are not the only ones Patrick Chan kicks!
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-01-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: stop bypassing the censors

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    It baffled and saddened me there was so much hate and cyber bullying out there, not just toward Patrick, though he was among the favorite targets. OTOH, it also showed he was the "it" guy to attracte so much negative attention. For a little while I became concerned how the negative energy might affect him. Seeing how he has overcome and transcended all the ill will and damning is truly inspiring. Now I enjoy both his current success and his journey to more achievements while being bemused by the desperate futile attemps to put him down.

Skaters' a**es are not the only ones Patrick Chan kicks!
    Look, I understand that you don't like it when people criticize Patrick but don't you think using the term "cyber-bullying" is much too excessive? Cyber-bullying refers to fairly specific acts and I frankly don't see it here.

And "Seeing how he has overcome and transcended all the ill will and damning is truly inspiring" Oh--I see, Patrick Chan is Jesus But on a more serious note, this is a skating forum and no skater at the top will be universally loved and they will always face criticism, unwarranted or not. If anyone fits that description, it would be Plushenko last season (and as my past posts attest, I'm not even a Plush fan)--he managed to survive pages and pages of vitriol here in GS even before he had his competitive debut last season, as well as a very vocal "ABP" (Anyone But Plushenko) brigade to earn silver at the Olympics

Rinkside
    the vitriol is not necessary, people can agree to disagree with respect to one another

My favorite skates at nationals I was in the crowd 1 Patrick Chan
    2 Shawn Sawyer
    3 Liam firus

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30