Mens LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mens LP

emma

Record Breaker
snowflake!!!!!! Thanks so much, the link is working for me (that is, if Ian Martinez just skated....)

lise

On the Ice
poor Ian..just not having a good skate. Hope his ankle gets better soon!

Hoping that Eladj, Shawn, Joey and Patrick skate great! I'm not a fan of Kevin's but I hope he skates better than last night

goose

Rinkside
Martinez

he sprained his ankle a week before Canadians, he double 2 jumps and no 3A there. Very unfortunate timing.

He came in 3rd. He looked so disappointed.

lise

On the Ice
Mrs P, top 5 is the only way to get funding adn GP events where of course skaters can earn moneyl. Apart from that, they are on their own. Had quite the discussion with a skater before about the cost of skating.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The commentators just commented that only the top 5 get funding. Is it really only the top 5 senior men that get funding? Or is there other ways to get it?

ETA: Or rather the top 5 in each discipline and level?

Everyone on the National team gets funding, which is the top five seniors in each discipline. I really don't know how much funding juniors get.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs P, top 5 is the only way to get funding adn GP events where of course skaters can earn moneyl. Apart from that, they are on their own. Had quite the discussion with a skater before about the cost of skating.

Interesting. That really sucks for those who have a bad night...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Everyone on the National team gets funding, which is the top five seniors in each discipline. I really don't know how much funding juniors get.

I guess it's interesting to me given the more complicated formula that USFS uses...

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
Have two different feeds going. (One of Canadian Nationals and one of U.S.) Did my ears deceive me or did she just mispronounce Strauss?

lise

On the Ice
ok, Kevin made too many mistakes to relaly contend for second. 2 jumps were under rotated plus the fall on the footwork

emma

Record Breaker
well, my heart breaks for Kevin. Not the opening he wanted as the quads weren't there; then a wierd fall on footwork, that at first, I thought was intentional until I saw him scrambling to get up....on a postive note, I like the package here: the costume, hair, music, and choreo are all great for him. I hope he can brush this off and perservere!