The Junior Event (as seen on computer) | Golden Skate

The Junior Event (as seen on computer)

Well, it's only the SP and only the Men so far

Big disappointment for Max Aaron who was considered top contender. But like all skaters, he had a downside comp. He could be ill because he didn't look to me like he was interested in skating before he skated. All top 4 results look like they could fit in Seniors imo.

I keep forgetting Weir's coach's name, but she has another star on the horizon. its Alexanderr Zachradjak (sp) Very impressive and very tall.

In fact there were a number of tall skaters in that event. They could think about Pairs if this doesn't go well for them.

Priscilla Hill is her name. Alexander Zahradnicek is his name. And I enjoyed his program, too. :)
Pricilla Hill, of course, wasn't she the silver medalist to Dorothy Hamil at one time or was it Peggy Fleming? Anyway, I think Zahradnicek is a big find in figure skating but it needs confirmation in the LP.

dupagegal

Rinkside
Pricilla Hill, of course, wasn't she the silver medalist to Dorothy Hamil at one time or was it Peggy Fleming? Anyway, I think Zahradnicek is a big find in figure skating but it needs confirmation in the LP.

BIG FIND? Alex has been around for some time....getting better every year !

It was great fun watching the Junior Ladies SPs. What a great bunch of gals the USFS has. I have no reason to dispute the podium winners. In fact I could even mix them up. One of the gals I liked was I think her name is Timmley? She finished near the bottom, but she skater with such beautiful natural arms and had great body motions.

Problem with young ladies, is they get tired of skating and run after other activities. I'd like to see some of these to stick around.

SkateSkates

Medalist
It was great fun watching the Junior Ladies SPs. What a great bunch of gals the USFS has. I have no reason to dispute the podium winners. In fact I could even mix them up. One of the gals I liked was I think her name is Timmley? She finished near the bottom, but she skater with such beautiful natural arms and had great body motions.

Problem with young ladies, is they get tired of skating and run after other activities. I'd like to see some of these to stick around.

Are you thinking of Allison Timlen?
One thing I noticed is even though the girls from the East Coast (Timlen, Dunne, Eng) didn't have the highest technical element scores, their program construction and overall skating was strong, and they all earned some of the higher PCS of the group despite finishing towards the bottom.

oleada

Record Breaker
It was a really fun event with a lot of clean performances. Hicks was the standout, but I also enjoyed Kulgeyko, Edmunds and Marley. Timlen was gutsy and Eng was a pleasant surprise with her great spins.

I just wish Gracie Gold had made the cut!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My question is why is Courtney Hicks not competing at Seniors nationals? That SP would beat most of the girls that will skate later this week. If she wins Juniors and then goes on to do well at Junior Worlds she better get at least one assignment on the SGP next year. Enough of giving underachievers like Caroline Zhang and Alexe Gilles two assignments when they don't deserve it. It's time to develop a potential world champion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My question is why is Courtney Hicks not competing at Seniors nationals? That SP would beat most of the girls that will skate later this week. If she wins Juniors and then goes on to do well at Junior Worlds she better get at least one assignment on the SGP next year. Enough of giving underachievers like Caroline Zhang and Alexe Gilles two assignments when they don't deserve it. It's time to develop a potential world champion.

Doh! My first post rejected because of the link.
Anyway. She just turned 15, so she'll be old enough for seniors. But I wonder if she will choose to skip the junior level internatoinally?

Also icenetwork article states that her dress was Sasha's.

Narumi1997

Rinkside
Yang and Baker won the Junior Short Dance, followed by Litchman and Copely and Bonacorsi and Mager in 3rd.

Just Realized that Lauri's dress is Tanith's from 2009 Cup of China (Golden Waltz) :)

oleada

Record Breaker
Courtney finished only 5th in Novice last year. She has made enormous progress in the past year. There's really no reason to jump from Novice to Senior so quickly.

I think it would be wise for her to compete on the JGP next year - surely she will do well.

gold12345

Medalist

She was 5th in Novice last season and is only 15... There's not really any rush to compete Senior. Some Junior experience is good.

ETA: Oleada beat me to it! But yes, time in Juniors is good. It's too hard to predict who can win Worlds to be worrying about that stuff right now.

It's now 8:15pm and the Junior Mens will start soon. There should be some good skating and a contest between Alex and Max is a don't miss. It tells a lot about next season.

nylynnr

On the Ice

Priscilla Hill won the silver medal behind Elaine Zayak in 1981. FYI she also coaches Ashley Wagner and Armin Mahbanoozadeh.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Wow! The Junior Men's FS was great, with awesome performances from all in the final group. It will be tough to decide who will be going to Jr. Worlds, but that won't be decided until after the Senior Mens event. I wish we could have more entries as some of these guys are aging out after this year, and this will be their final chance to go to Jr. Worlds.

Wow! The Junior Men's FS was great, with awesome performances from all in the final group. It will be tough to decide who will be going to Jr. Worlds, but that won't be decided until after the Senior Mens event. I wish we could have more entries as some of these guys are aging out after this year, and this will be their final chance to go to Jr. Worlds.
The last group of skaters was indeed a great display of talented US men coming on board as top contenders in the future. However, for me, the great was by Philip Warren (6th place, I think). From a performance point of view, I would say he has the best carriage, the best flow over the ice, the best transitions, and he does not execute the tricks as highlights, but as part of the entire interpretation of the music. He jumps without preparation. Now who else does that and doesn't mess up?