Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coverage in Canada

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    It seems that different national specialties will be shown by their respective national medium. If we can access and line up all of them, then we will get to see Men's and Ladies on Japan's Fuji TV, Dance on Canada's Skatebuzz, and Pairs on China's CCTV5, not necessary live.
    So far I haven't found an information on the Skatebuzz-website that they show 4CCs. I take that as a sign that they couldn't finalize the deal. Now it seems the only chance to see dance (IMO the most interesting competition) is probably the 1 hour-feed on CBC on Saturday.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Ghastly , isn't it ? I still keep checking skatebuzz every couple of hours but things look gloomier and gloomier.

Custom Title
    In Taipei, the organizers are giving the tickets for free to spectators as a way to promote the sport in Taiwan. Should I also add, they also host the event in a world class venue. The whole event seems to be a well coordinated effort by private / corporate sponsors and the government there to really promote figure skating in the democratic & more modern China (of the two). I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be an amazing event, not just the fact we have all 4 World Champions in the 4 disciplines competing there but from an organizational standpoint, it would be fairly comparable to an actual World Championship. After the recent eruption of age controversy, it's nice to see an orderly event where the rules are respected so that not everyone think Chinese people, if educated properly, all behave like their Communist counterparts.

Custom Title
    The GPF would have had much better attendence if organized by private interests. I don't understand how or why, but it seems the GPF tickets were overprized by scalpers though students and other special groups could get in cheaply on their own. Scalping for a poorly attended event? As I said, I don't know how or why.

The Chinese Federation should learn from the Taiwanese. Give it to Taiwan for good research and organization. They have the best health insurance system in the world because of thorough research and consultations.

What we need is a Taiwanese live streaming.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    What we need is a Taiwanese live streaming.
    I e-mailed the 4CC organizer via their official Website inquiring a Taiwanese live streaming over the last weekend. I haven't heard from them...

skatebuzz has tweeted their apologies ( it's linked on FSU), but they were unable to secure a feed...WAH!

Makes me all the more annoyed at CBC...*%#x!@!

But wait !.. ( oh, my... this is like being in a soap opera ) I was just checking FSU to see if anyone there knew of any links,, and Universal sports has tweeted that they are trying to secure a feed and will know yes or no by tomorrow..now skatebuzz has piggybacked their feed before so maybe there's last minute hope.

( mind you, I've had real problems with freezing when the feed comes from them, but still...)

Custom Title
    FYI. Fuji TV (not live)

Men SP
    2/18 21:00 - ~22:53 ------> 7:00 AM - ~10 AM EST

Men LP + Ladies SP
    2/19 19:57 ~ 23:30 -------> ~6 AM - 9:30 AM EST

Ladies LP

2/20 19 ~ 20:54-----------> 5:00 AM ~ 7 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2