Coverage in Canada | Golden Skate

Coverage in Canada

Antilles

Medalist
None, apparently. CBC is skipping right to Worlds. I checked SkateBuzz, but don't see it listed there either. We may be SOL.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:I'm betting skatebuzz will pick it up. Tessa & Scott's debut..I think it's a pretty safe bet. But they often don't announce until very close to the dates.

katia

On the Ice
I sent an e-mail to skatebuzz re 4CC, but I got no answer from them. I really hope they will broadcast at least some of the competition.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
npa....this is new. CBC didn't have any coverage listed before..( but it is Tessa & Scott's first competition)

I'm still going to keep an eye on Skatebuzz , though , because, CBC is only an hour..and it's a day after the Free Dance ( so when they say LIVE that obviously means taped live )

If Skatebuzz livestreams, it won't conflict with CBC's coverage.

gardenernaga

Rinkside
Fuji TV in Japan will cover Men's single and Ladies' single only, but not live.

Men's SP Feb 18 Friday 21:00-22:52 (Japan Time)
Ladies' SP and Men's FS Feb 19 Saturday 20:00-23:30(Japan Time)
Ladies' FS Feb 20 Sunday 19:00-20:54(Japan Time)

It is Monday 1:45 AM here in Japan now (Standard Time +0900 UTC)

CCTV5 in China may cover live but I am not sure, probably pairs and icedances. Besides, their schedule changes very frequently.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
A poster on FSU (alilou) reports receiving a reply from skatebuzz saying that they should know by tomorrow ( Fri.) if they can get a feed.

Everyone cross all apendages !

herios

Medalist
A poster on FSU (alilou) reports receiving a reply from skatebuzz saying that they should know by tomorrow ( Fri.) if they can get a feed.

Everyone cross all apendages !

Thanks Colleen, mine are crossed all the time for many other reasons :laugh:

gardenernaga

Rinkside
CCTV5 in China will cover pairs only

Feb 18 (Fri) 15:55-16:45 Pairs SP (Beijing Time)
16:45-19:00 Pairs FS (Beijing Time)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It seems that different national specialties will be shown by their respective national medium. If we can access and line up all of them, then we will get to see Men's and Ladies on Japan's Fuji TV, Dance on Canada's Skatebuzz, and Pairs on China's CCTV5, not necessary live.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It seems that different national specialties will be shown by their respective national medium. If we can access and line up all of them, then we will get to see Men's and Ladies on Japan's Fuji TV, Dance on Canada's Skatebuzz, and Pairs on China's CCTV5, not necessary live.
My sentiment, exactly!

gardenernaga

Rinkside
I've been looking for the easiest way to watch CCTV in North America

For those who can read Chinese, try CNTV Box or PPStream (you must install MS Applocate first)
For those who cannnot, just connect to some online TV sites or download Sopcast(this software is quite easy)

CCTV5 also covers Pairs SP on Feb 17th and Ladies FS on Feb 19th, both live .

So far I haven't found an information on the Skatebuzz-website that they show 4CCs. I take that as a sign that they couldn't finalize the deal. Now it seems the only chance to see dance (IMO the most interesting competition) is probably the 1 hour-feed on CBC on Saturday. :cry:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: Ghastly , isn't it ? I still keep checking skatebuzz every couple of hours :laugh: but things look gloomier and gloomier.

wallylutz

Medalist
In Taipei, the organizers are giving the tickets for free to spectators as a way to promote the sport in Taiwan. Should I also add, they also host the event in a world class venue. The whole event seems to be a well coordinated effort by private / corporate sponsors and the government there to really promote figure skating in the democratic & more modern China (of the two). I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be an amazing event, not just the fact we have all 4 World Champions in the 4 disciplines competing there but from an organizational standpoint, it would be fairly comparable to an actual World Championship. After the recent eruption of age controversy, it's nice to see an orderly event where the rules are respected so that not everyone think Chinese people, if educated properly, all behave like their Communist counterparts.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The GPF would have had much better attendence if organized by private interests. I don't understand how or why, but it seems the GPF tickets were overprized by scalpers though students and other special groups could get in cheaply on their own. Scalping for a poorly attended event? As I said, I don't know how or why.

The Chinese Federation should learn from the Taiwanese. Give it to Taiwan for good research and organization. They have the best health insurance system in the world because of thorough research and consultations.

What we need is a Taiwanese live streaming.