I think you have to give credit to Tim for completely redoing his element list. (I don't like this costume though
I think you have to give credit to Tim for completely redoing his element list. (I don't like this costume though!)
When you think about it, very very few of the top competitors ever change anything or more than one thing. This year people are lauding a change of elbow position by Sasha in one of her spins for example. I get so tired of seeing so many of the top competitors reel off the same element list year after year:
Here's Tim's changes:
1. Tim's money jump in his past LP's has been the 4Sand 4S3T There are none in this program.
2. Tim has never done the 4T in combination. He has a 4T2T so far, so I presume is working up to the 4T3T.
3. He used to do 3A3T. He is now doing 3A2T3Lp
4. There is spot in his program early for a 3flip that he is supposed to be practicing to put a 4flip in. I wonder whether he will ever try it or whether it is going to be a 3f3t this year?
5. He has changed his salchow entrance. The last jump in his program is a spread eagle into a 3salchow. The shot in the COC film clip is not clear, but it looks like he has changed to a more standard takeoff. A good idea I think.
6. He used to do his lutz in such a flurry of steps at the beginning of the program that you couldn't tell what edge he was taking off on. Now it is set out more and he appears to be working on improving it rather than hiding it. (and got hammered for his lutz problems by judges at COC now that you can see them better, but I give him credit for the attempt.
7. The caller ranked both his combo spins as level 2 and he got good ratings for how they were performed at COC. His crossfoot spin in the combo is particularly good, although I think his back position in the sit has regressed somewhat. At least he gets down into it far enough though.
8. I like his serpentine sequence and there are some complex interesting moves in it. He is still a bit scratchy in the execution, but it has lots of promise.
9. The hydroblade into the 3Lp is gone
10. He is actually getting a little looser in the shoulders. It's forced so far, but good boy for working on something he needs to work on.
In short, Tim has made absolutely huge changes to what he does, and this Queen program has not set yet. It took 2 seasons for American in Paris to be a complete product. Queen is taking off faster and I am really forward to seeing how it evolves.
What do the rest of you think?!)