Now that Cup Of China has aired, Tim's LP | Golden Skate

Now that Cup Of China has aired, Tim's LP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Now that Tim's COC LP has aired, I wondered whether any of you would like to discuss Tim's new LP? Back when COC was skated, I was able to download a copy of the LP, but almost before the video clip was posted, down came the site, and almost no one else was able to download it.

So now that you've seen it, what do you think?
Here's what I thought, from the previous post:

dpp

I think you have to give credit to Tim for completely redoing his element list. (I don't like this costume though
I think you have to give credit to Tim for completely redoing his element list. (I don't like this costume though!)

When you think about it, very very few of the top competitors ever change anything or more than one thing. This year people are lauding a change of elbow position by Sasha in one of her spins for example. I get so tired of seeing so many of the top competitors reel off the same element list year after year:

Here's Tim's changes:
1. Tim's money jump in his past LP's has been the 4Sand 4S3T There are none in this program.
2. Tim has never done the 4T in combination. He has a 4T2T so far, so I presume is working up to the 4T3T.
3. He used to do 3A3T. He is now doing 3A2T3Lp
4. There is spot in his program early for a 3flip that he is supposed to be practicing to put a 4flip in. I wonder whether he will ever try it or whether it is going to be a 3f3t this year?
5. He has changed his salchow entrance. The last jump in his program is a spread eagle into a 3salchow. The shot in the COC film clip is not clear, but it looks like he has changed to a more standard takeoff. A good idea I think.
6. He used to do his lutz in such a flurry of steps at the beginning of the program that you couldn't tell what edge he was taking off on. Now it is set out more and he appears to be working on improving it rather than hiding it. (and got hammered for his lutz problems by judges at COC now that you can see them better, but I give him credit for the attempt.
7. The caller ranked both his combo spins as level 2 and he got good ratings for how they were performed at COC. His crossfoot spin in the combo is particularly good, although I think his back position in the sit has regressed somewhat. At least he gets down into it far enough though.
8. I like his serpentine sequence and there are some complex interesting moves in it. He is still a bit scratchy in the execution, but it has lots of promise.
9. The hydroblade into the 3Lp is gone
10. He is actually getting a little looser in the shoulders. It's forced so far, but good boy for working on something he needs to work on.

In short, Tim has made absolutely huge changes to what he does, and this Queen program has not set yet. It took 2 seasons for American in Paris to be a complete product. Queen is taking off faster and I am really forward to seeing how it evolves.

What do the rest of you think?!)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One thing that has me worried is that Tim's 3A has suddenly gone south. I think his equipment problem may be the reason, but if that isn't resolved, he is very vulnerable if he can't land the 3A, and loses his second combination jump.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it's the BEST LP he's ever done... the footwork is much improved as is the actual choreography! WELL DONE TIMMY!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am pretty sure that part of the 3A problem and the missing 4S is the equipment problem. Both are edge jumps...

I like the way Tim steps up into the 3A though.

dpp

In addition to the equipment problem, I see Tim as concentrating on the music. Working both the technique and the presentation if very often a problem if one didn't start both at the same time. I am sure coach and choreographer are working Tim very hard on this.

Also I am glad he has given up the americana music. I like his routine this year, and I think it will be something special by Worlds. I also like the Prokofiev R&J for the SP. I could see him doing 4-1/2 minutes of that piece for dramatic affect in the future.

As for podium bound skaters, I am holding back until I see more of them. Other than Plush, the two others are not easy to pin point. Tim, Takeshi, Brian, Klimkin and Stephane (if they hit a good one), and how about that Van Der Perren? and Buttle? It's gonna be a great Worlds for the Men.

Joe

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
I really like the new program. I thought that Tim's artistry had improved greatly at worlds last year, and that the way he interpreted An American in Paris was excellent, but it wasn't traditional. His scores were lower than Evgeny's due in part to the fact that his artistry was not the traditional, Russian, balletic fluidity that judges are used to seeing.

His new program is much more traditional, and the artistry looks wonderful. It's not perfect, but it could be...

Kat

lavender

Record Breaker
I really like Tim’s program. He’s really working hard on his elements. His spiral was really nice and he has some of the most difficult transitions into his jumps. He’s one of the ones who lands the jumps the most out of these transitions. I see Tim on the podium but where I don’t know. None of the others are as consistent this year but Plushenko and (I can’t believe it) Buttle. If Tim lands everything with all of his difficult transitions and quad (s) he should be able to stay ahead of Buttle who doesn’t have a quad. I’m just happy for 2 of my favs (Tim and Buttle).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lavender, Glad to know I'm not alone, because I like this program too. (And Buttle's SP! too)

dpp

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I like it a lot and I think it will be his best yet. He's matured since last season. When he began skating his LP at Cup of China, he skated right after Li and Song Gao, and Mr. RG said, "Finally, an artistically mature skater on the ice." The difference really was great, even though I believe that Li had matured since last season.

ladybug

On the Ice
I just loved this program and I believe it will be a real winner once he gets the boot problem completely solved.

I never believed he could improve his presentation to such a degree. He has a way to go but I think he can do it with this program. Really good. With Plushy having problems and missing some of his jumps, Tim could win gold at World's with a clean program. Wouldn't that be a pip.

Ladybug

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm still surprised that Plushy is not taking this year off to get the injury healed. If I were in his situation, I would take of this year instead of risking the pre and Olympic seasons. As much as I hate it, that big O seems to get everyone fired up. Just go look at the Michelle Kwan coaching change thread. Notice just in time for the pre-Olympic season.... Also, the 2005 Worlds are going to be on his home turf.

Anyway, maybe it would be a good thing if Tim did beat Plushy at Worlds. That might send Plush a signal that there is an issue to resolve first before continuing to plow ahead with injury. Who knows...

mpal2

Final Flight
I sort of got off topic in that first post, so I do want to say here that Tim's presentation side has really improved. He's not perfect, but I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far this year.. boot problem and all.