3T - good
Li
BiDs
SlSt
FCCoSp - fast, good unison

They should easily lead!

Diva

On the Ice
I have to admit, probably I'm in the minority but I like Kavaguti/Smirnovs SP better than Savchenko and Szolkowys. Sure S/S had a lot of energy and it wasn't bad at all, indeed it was good but I felt that the music and the elements of K/S went better with the music...
Btw am I the only one who thinks that Aljona's airposition in that lift is just ugly?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Klara KADLECOVA / Petr BIDAR (CZE)

2LzTw
3STh - cautious entrance, landed
2Lo - ok, did plan the triple
Li
FFCoSp - fast, not in unison
SlSt

oleada

Record Breaker
Good for the young Czechs holding their nerve and having a clean skate following so many great performances. They are really cute and charismatic, if they can up the technical difficulty they could be something.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow, great skate from S/S! I'm not a fan of their program, but they were really good! Agree with the judges!
And the Italians impressed me too!
And I liked K/S tonight, they had a great skate.
P.S. If only V/T could be here... With them the competition would be even more interesting.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
I totally disagree, Diva, but I won't even pretend to be unbiased. To me, S/S's elements are of better quality and they use the character of the music better.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
To be honest, I expected S/S to get a higher score, considering their season best. They were simply amazing tonight! I also loved the italians!

Diva

On the Ice
About the others...

G/E - It's a lot of fun to watch them. They show so much joy and are always smiling even if some things weren't perfect but still impressive how far they've come. I'm looking forward to see them with more practice in the years to come.

B/H - Wow! They were great. Another pair to look forward to in the future.

B/L - Everytime I see that program I think that something is missing. They have such an elegant look but I wish they would be a bit more outgoing...

H/W - Too bad about the fall but I really like that program. They made huge steps forward about the last years, hope that will continue.

To David King: Isn't there one girl in whole of Britain or a girl from another country who is willing to skate for GB who doesn't have trouble doing even double jumps that you can convince to skate with you? I would love you to skate with a partner who is more even to your skills!

Diva

On the Ice
I agree that their elements are better but I thought the two pairs would be closer (three points still aren't a lot)... Maybe it's just because I dislike their music, I feel like I heard it a million times :)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I have to admit, probably I'm in the minority but I like Kavaguti/Smirnovs SP better than Savchenko and Szolkowys. Sure S/S had a lot of energy and it wasn't bad at all, indeed it was good but I felt that the music and the elements of K/S went better with the music...
Btw am I the only one who thinks that Aljona's airposition in that lift is just ugly?

Actually I like K/S program more, I agree that their elements went very well with the music and their program suits them more, but I agree with the judges.
I hope K/S will skate clean tomorrow, they have fantastic LP, not only the best this season, but one of the best I've ever seen

FlattFan

Match Penalty
S/S PCS are huge. All components are at least .5 higher than K/S. :think: I thought their PCS should be closer. K/S always have better choreography, and interesting transitions. Look at her pointed toe. S/S remind me of the Zhangs, only with inexplicable higher PCS. Their programs are so gimmicky and garish. I would have S/S first, but maybe by a point.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I agree that their elements are better but I thought the two pairs would be closer (three points still aren't a lot)... Maybe it's just because I dislike their music, I feel like I heard it a million times :)

I don't like this music for them too. I like this music actually, but not for S/S. They are... I don't know... grown up for it? "Korobushko" is a perfect choice for baby Agafonova, but for a senior pair, World champions? I'm not sure

oleada

Record Breaker
S/S PCS are huge. All components are at least .5 higher than K/S. :think: I thought their PCS should be closer. K/S always have better choreography, and interesting transitions. Look at her pointed toe. S/S remind me of the Zhangs, only with inexplicable higher PCS. Their programs are so gimmicky and garish. I would have S/S first, but maybe by a point.

The Zhangs and S/S are absolutely nothing alike! What a ridiculous comment. Perhaps they get high PCS because of their speed, ice coverage, transitions, character and connection with the audience?

I actually thought that S&S should have been higher.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
While Smirnov is a great pairs skater, Kavaguti ruined the performance. She seemed to be skating to circus music that only she can hear in her head.

S/S on the other hand skated to actual circus music and did it well. The 3 point difference doesn't do enough to reflect the huge gulf in the two teams' performance levels.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm surprised to see the difference between top two is actually in PCS(though I agree about S/S having better PCS). I was sure that throw 3F would make a difference in TES and it was almost identical for both teams. I like K/S but I also felt S/S should have been higher.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The Zhangs and S/S are absolutely nothing alike! What a ridiculous comment. Perhaps they get high PCS because of their speed, ice coverage, transitions, character and connection with the audience?

I actually thought that S&S should have been higher.

Have you seen the Zhangs? They are really fast, and with a lot of ice coverage. Their speed into the SBS 3S are even better than most single skaters. They have no connection with the audience, that's true. But you think S/S has better speed and ice coverage? What a ridiculous comment. :rolleye:

Btw, S/S have characters, alright, clownish and garish. The judges prefer that over blandness. I prefer neither. So I think they are about the same. That's my opinion, so you should back off. :mad:

Last edited: