JR Free Dance Recap | Golden Skate

JR Free Dance Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Charlotte Lichtman learned today that being lured into the twisted world of Michael Keaton's Beetlejuice isn't always a bad thing. Her ice dance partner, Dean Copely, appropriately attired in black and white stripes, played the role to perfection, and the duo came away with the US junior dance championship as a result.

More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For those wondering why Yang and Baker dropped so far, they got 0.0 for the twizzles because she fell before completing the first rotation on the first set.

Cannuscio and McManus only got Level 2 on both step sequences. Their crossing mirror twizzles to the Habanera section of Carmen were especially good, and an interesting variation indeed, I thought. (That's probably not quite the way to describe them, but they were great)

The pair of McNamara and Carpenter (corrected, thanks for info) who skated to a Charlie Chaplin medley, absolutely stole the show. They are 11 and 14 respectively. Quinn, especially is a real rock star performer. They also have work to do to get higher levels on step sequences.

I can't say that I particularly enjoyed the Beetlejuice program of a Lichtman and Copely, but especially noteworthy is their edging during step sequences.

And may I say, almost all the junior dancers are faster skaters than the junior pairs ;)

Congratulations to the medallists:
Lichtman & Copely
Bonacorsi & Mager
Cannuscio and McManus

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The pair of McNamara and Quinn, who skated to a Charlie Chaplin medley, absolutely stole the show. They are 11 and 14 respectively. Quinn, especially is a real rock star performer. They also have work to do to get higher levels on step sequences.

When I saw the protocols for Lorraine and Quinn (I believe you meant to put McNamara and Carpenter -Quinn is his first name), I was happy. I caught their free dance from Junior Nationals on youtube a few years ago (where McNamara was like a doll with rosy cheeks and everything) and was amazed at how young and great they were.

Just from the protocols, it seems they'll only get better with age. The step sequences can be worked on. Higher PCS will probably come with more experience - but to move up at about a level a year and do as well as they do is so terrific. The Wheaton skaters have been scary good the past few years.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think McNamara and Carpenter are still not eligible for Juniors internationally-when that's the case, my experience is that the PCS magically rise the moment they become eligible ;)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I think McNamara and Carpenter are still not eligible for Juniors internationally-when that's the case, my experience is that the PCS magically rise the moment they become eligible ;)

Shocking, haha.

And yes, they're definitely not eligible for Juniors internationally. Quinn is, but Lorraine is still 11! for another few weeks. She won't be 13 until February 2012, so they won't be eligible until the 2012-2013 season.