Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Starting Orders for Men.

Custom Title
    That is so crazy. Brezina and Florent are the reasons I started watching junior competitions. They have something special. I knew they would do well in the senior ranks.
    On a sad note...my Adrian S. I'm so worried about dude quitting and this isn't helping.

I wonder if all the talk last season about transitions and having an actual program finally brought Joubert's flaws to the front.
    Last edited by lavender; 01-27-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I saw Florent Amodio's SP and a few other men online. Can't say I am impressed at all by any of them. It would seem European men are really going to have a tough time even making into the Final Group at Worlds in the Free Skate with all those Canadian, Japanese and American men.
    Oh? And I just thought; "what an awesome competition, I think I'm in love with all of them" Of course, as always, there were a few personal worst and some bad unnecessary falls; Verner, Joubert, Preaubert, Schultheiss. (Fernandez falls were funny and suitable to the music, both he and Morozov laughed.)

I wasn't a big fan of Amodio or Brezina before, but I loved these two this afternoon. Great performances! Gashinski is a breath of fresh air, just give him some years!

Overall I liked the fighting spirit, the attempts to make good programs and the diversity. But, well, I am just a simple fan of figure skating

Anyway, tomorrow will be the day to stand up. The long program will show the real standard. If they can compete with the rest of the world, well, that's to be seen in March

Custom Title
    Amodio's SP score felt like the judges had to give somebody, at least one person, a half decent mark for the day. Aside from the wrong edge on the Flip, the skate was frantic and chaotic. More specifically, his use of the edge in the step sequence was below average with quite a bit of upper body movements but as though he was walking on the ice or flat edge almost. He didn't flow very well.
    5 CiSt3 3.30 1.14 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 4.44

Haven't seen the program yet, but how do you explain the score?

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    On a sad note...my Adrian S. I'm so worried about dude quitting and this isn't helping.
    I'm very anxious, too. My heart sank to my stomach when I saw how low his score was. :( He's already in a dark place emotionally, so I can't imagine how he must be feeling right now.

Amodio's SP score felt like the judges had to give somebody, at least one person, a half decent mark for the day. Aside from the wrong edge on the Flip, the skate was frantic and chaotic. More specifically, his use of the edge in the step sequence was below average with quite a bit of upper body movements but as though he was walking on the ice or flat edge almost. He didn't flow very well. Placement of his three jump elements back to back where the first and second jump elements were landed in the exact same corner on the ice shows poor use of ice surface. And there really isn't much in-between elements - from a transition standpoint, he hasn't mastered yet what linked the elements together as one piece, perhaps a little too much emphasis on the showmanship.
    Wow, was it really that bad, the program I liked so much

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post

I don't agree with it. I'd personally go for a +1 but no more.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I'm very anxious, too. My heart sank to my stomach when I saw how low his score was. :( He's already in a dark place emotionally, so I can't imagine how he must be feeling right now.
    What's up with him, I mean emotionally? :(

Custom Title

See his TEB SP score: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2010/

Same step sequence but scoring mostly if not all 1. He finished 2nd in the SP only to Kozuka. What justified the same element suddenly getting all 2 and some 3s, I am not sure. Did he really skate that much better? I don't think so.

Yes, he doesn't seem to have much self confidence right now. But he chose to go for the quad, so... win or loose. Now the women around him have a big job to raise him up

I wish you a fabolous skate tomorrow Adrian

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Amodio did get the edge call.
    yes, sorry, I rushed
    Strange competition , a bit toned down, but the top are new generation so there is hope

needless to say Euromen will be buttered at worlds

I love Swedish men, both! and KVDP, they just dont give up! It was Bertsson´s 11 th time at euros!

I was expecting Fernandez to have a progress by now but he isnt.

Liebers was the best skate for me, judges should notice him!
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-27-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    What's up with him, I mean emotionally? :(
    You can read about it here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...figure-skating He's been feeling depressed for a while now and is considering quitting the sport.

You can read about it here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...figure-skating He's been feeling depressed for a while now and is considering quitting the sport.
    Thank you very much. Oh that's very sad, sorry to hear that:(

Edgy Details
    I would have Brzezina 1st. But apparantly being a GP finalist helped big time (not that I think Amodio did poorly, but I would have him 2nd).

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Liebers was the best skate for me, judges should notice him!
    Yes, he should have more points for skating skills and performance/IN. E.g. compared to Joubert he had 1.4 lower in SS. And the same or lower in performance and interpretation ... Overall 7.32 lower in PCS than Joubert. Liebers was one that stood out for me too

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Wow, was it really that bad, the program I liked so much
    I enjoyed Amodio's performance as well. I'm not very good with the techinical aspects of skating, so there may be weaknesses that I can't see, but I know what I like.

Now the women around him have a big job to raise him up
    I think the guy also needs a big hug from his fans. (((Adrian)))

I wish you a fabolous skate tomorrow Adrian
    I do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    It was Bertsson´s 11 th time at euros!
    Actually, it's his 12th. I believe he's the oldest competitor in this event (KVDP is a month younger). It's a shame that Koffe didn't land the 3A properly, and his 3T was UR. Still, his SP is very beautiful, and he always brings out the best in his choreography.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast