Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Starting Orders for Men.

Custom Title
    Check out the third link SkateFiguring posted, they have a lot including the two you asked for.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I enjoyed following programmes most:

Amodio
    Brezina
    Verner
    Liebers (he was definetely robbed in PCS, IMO)
    the components given to liebers are just a joke. around 5 = average ?!? o come one judges!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    5 CiSt3 3.30 1.14 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 4.44

Haven't seen the program yet, but how do you explain the score?
    this scores are just right. the steps were amazing. everybody who is telling something else doesn´t have a clue about skating. of course you cannot have that deep edges with the speed he had. the speed and the power and the variety were just amazing and defenitely worth a +3!

Custom Title
    Really? I think wallylutz has demonstrated time and again his knowlegde of figure skating is pretty remarkable. Disappointing to note that because he disagrees with you about one element you consider that he doesn't have a clue about the sport.

The bullets below are what is taken into consideration. Six of them are recommended for +3. euroskate, which six do you think he's accomplished (or five but done so well that +3 is fair)?

1) good energy and execution
    2) good speed or acceleration during sequence
    3) good clarity and precision
    4) deep clean edges (including entry and exit of all turns)
    5) good control and commitment of whole body to accuracy of steps
    6) creativity and originality
    7) effortless throughout
    8) element matched to the musical structure

Custom Title
    Really? I think wallylutz has demonstrated time and again his knowlegde of figure skating is pretty remarkable. Disappointing to note that because he disagrees with you about one element you consider that he doesn't have a clue about the sport.

The bullets below are what is taken into consideration. Six of them are recommended for +3. euroskate, which six do you think he's accomplished (or five but done so well that +3 is fair)?

7) effortless throughout
    apoligies to wallylutz. i do not follow the blog so regulary to know who has shown figure skating knowlege and who has not.

for the +3 i would take every bullet exept for the deep edges.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    That is so crazy. Brezina and Florent are the reasons I started watching junior competitions. They have something special. I knew they would do well in the senior ranks.
    If you look at the bullets in the Interpretation section of the PC scoring system, you will find that Michal and Floret both cover the entire scope of Musicality. If Skating Ability is about Flow and Stroking, they have that too. Since they also have the Tech tricks, you have a winning ticket. They are among the few skaters with Dance ability. The audience loves it and some judges who are not concerned about quads love it

Check out the third link SkateFiguring posted, they have a lot including the two you asked for.
    Thank you but I couldn't find SkateFiguring third link in this thread.

Custom Title

7) effortless throughout
    From what I've read before, he is a big fan of Chan and defends Chan's Falls as nothing because of his skating ability like a fall has nothing to do with skating ability.

Super, IP!! I'll enjoy this over lunch in NY's horrible winter weather.

^^^
    It was another look at Brezina's versatility. That was a far cry from the gene kelly we're used to seeing. And quite good too.

Best Gachinsky I ever seen. He is getting that Plushenko style in skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by euroskate View Post
    this scores are just right. the steps were amazing. everybody who is telling something else doesn´t have a clue about skating. of course you cannot have that deep edges with the speed he had. the speed and the power and the variety were just amazing and defenitely worth a +3!
    Quite jarring for me to read the bolded statement right after the preceding sentence calling someone else as not having a clue about skating.

Deep edges is exactly how the best skaters, notably Patrick Chan, generate their speed in the beautiful and seemingly effortless fashion, without all the cross overs. It is why Chan can do his quad jumps with footwork instead of long stalking. He has both the deepest edges and the fastest speed, which is another reason those who have plenty of clues about skating gush over him. (Please don't ever say Kurt Browning does not have any clue about skating!)

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    That is so crazy. Brezina and Florent are the reasons I started watching junior competitions. They have something special. I knew they would do well in the senior ranks.
    I wonder if all the talk last season about transitions and having an actual program finally brought Joubert's flaws to the front.
    It's a question of Musicality. Both Forent and Michal are solo dancers on ice and together with the above average tricks, they win over the audience and most judges.

Personally I didn't think Joubert was so bad. He is regaining his stature slowly which he may well be ready for Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Quite jarring for me to read the bolded statement right after the preceding sentence calling someone else as not having a clue about skating.

Deep edges is exactly how the best skaters, notably Patrick Chan, generate their speed in the beautiful and seemingly effortless fashion, without all the cross overs. It is why Chan can do his quad jumps with footwork instead of long stalking. He has both the deepest edges and the fastest speed, which is another reason those who have plenty of clues about skating gush over him. (Please don't ever say Kurt Browning does not have any clue about skating!)
    last time i reply on my message
    first i already appoligized

second to make clear that i should better have said quickness instead of speed in this context. with this quickness in changing the steps and turnes you cannot produce very deep edges.
    you are totally right that speed is in direct connext with edges.
    hope i cleared up on this now....

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I'd use the word "pioneer".
    Koffe is a pioneer for modern male Swedish figure skating See, I learn quickly.

For? Prepositions are tricky as well ....

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast