JR Ladies Long Recap | Golden Skate

JR Ladies Long Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The question on everyone's mind is this: Can Courtney Hicks be the skater that we've all been waiting for? No disrespect to the USA's crop of senior ladies who have achieved quite a lot in their days, however, this is a country that produces champions on the world and Olympic level, and no U.S. lady has medaled on the world level since 2006.

More

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure but she sure is impressive. She has huge jumps that are rotated and doesn't seem to be a headcase like so many top senior ladies. But she's only 15 so lets wait and see. But you would think sooner or later with all the talent the US has in ladies skating that a great one would appear on the scene eventually.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
in the short, but in the long because she is white they overlook her urs on her 1st 4 jumps including the trippe triple. heck i saw only 1 perfect clean jump that wasn't ur'ed. but hey if white and like sasha overlooked, chinese nailed but white overlook. her jumps in the long were ur's not in the short in the long

fairly4

Medalist
only if you had your eyes shut. in the short she was fast in the air, attacked.
in the long however a hair short. i counted the rotations in the air and when she put her foot down. in the short she did her 3 triples around in the air and then put the foot down, in the long courtney was a bit hestitant and it threw her off, she was only 2 1/2 in some and 2 3/4 in others only one did she get around 3 times in the air . but i guess because of the hoopla and hype as the next big it girl are they willing to overlook everything and because of sasha programs , the usfsa really wants sasha out in front even though her technique was off the us nationals are willing to overlook her ur's.
she didn't do her 3 rotations in the air before she put her foot down. in the long only a hair short in the long. which was just enough to throw her off balance in rot5ations. Yes courtney does has speed in air rotations. I was surprised at how fast she did in the short so i paid close attention in the long and i found out she was a bit off in the long which should have been ur's in the long, her so called perfect triple triple wasn't perfect. it should have been ur.
i counted and paid close attention. i am not saying this to be mean or not want her up there, i was hoping she was as fast in the short, unfortunatley she wasn't. but nationals allowed. yes she does has spring in her legs. but she needs to clean up a bit in the long.
they weren't clean and beautiful but i guess because you guys have a price in this you want her to be up there and are willing to overlook faults .
i have no reason to claim no clean jumps unless i see and call it. you are figure skaters, judges and choroegraphers who have a price in this to make figure skating look good. for everytime you overmark and overlook a bad call you actually make the sport look bad. but cheaters never learn.
like figure skating . i want the sport to be clean, fair, balanced to help spread the word, but i can't with bad calls and hyped up skaters for reasons of coach, older skaters, etc. Courtney skated well in the short, but she did ur her jumps in the long. the rotation in air in free skate wasn't there. she was a tad under, which is all it took.

ajjcanada

Rinkside
Video links?

Hi there,

I had no feed to watch the jr ladies... I was wondering if there are any known videos of her programs to watch? I am particularly curious to see the "tw-hicks" spin I've read about?