Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    K/S reportedly only had levels 1 on their SBS spins and the death spiral. Their jump landings were not good either, so they lost it by not getting their levels and being scratchy. They had the opportunity to win it on TES, but they didn't take it.

S/S had one really huge mistake, but their performance quality was excellent, and the lifts, throws and other elements were going to get huge GOE.
    I am looking at the protocols right now and all the K/S spins are level 4, death spiral is level 1 indeed. It seems that they simply lost on GOE.

In the void
    I have to admit I am biased, but still....

K/S made no big mistake, but that doesn't earn the title, there were others. Honestly, I feared B/L more than K/S tonight after they skated. Seems the levels of K/S were too low compared to S/S for some elements, that is a matter of planning and abilities. And I also saw quite several few glitches concerning landings and balance in the lifts e.g. which might affect PCS and execution marks. So in the end - a matter of calculation.

But the choreography was much better than in many programs of K/S before, so they are on a good way. Otoh I prefer versatility and am a bit bored by drama and cheesefests (and will avoid most of ladies comp therefore....).

Custom Title
    Since 1959 either Germans or Soviets/Russians have always won the pairs title and still no non-Russian/non-German pair in sight how can challenge for the title...

In the void
    What about the Italians? They are THE new couple for me I have to watch in the future...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I am looking at the protocols right now and all the K/S spins are level 4, death spiral is level 1 indeed. It seems that they simply lost on GOE.
    I was just repeating what was said by some commentators...you're right it's only the death spiral. He was also shaky on the last lift (put his foot down), so that brought their GOE down on that element as well.

Custom Title
    They could potentially medal but right now I think that the young Russian pairs (not only G/E and B/L who were in Bern) still have an edge. That might change. Really liked B/H's short program while their LP wasn't as good but I surely hope that they will keep improving over the next couple of years.

Custom Title
    Now I can't wait for the WC to see how V/T would score with the international judges against everyone else. I am already excited

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Now I can't wait for the WC to see how V/T would score with the international judges against everyone else. I am already excited
    Worlds will be really exciting S/S are locks for the podium, but they are so inconsistent, that they aren't locks for gold. K/S are back, V/T are new to the scene, P/T haven't been skating well this season, B/L are coming on very strong....should be a strong battle for the podium.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    David King just posted on his facebook OWWW. Some people responded to ask if he was ok and if anyone got hurt. He replied "just my butt, her butt and our pride but we are ok." At leas they are not hurt and can find some humor in it. By the way the butt was really the A word but that's censored on here.

I'm happy with the results. S/S were under so much pressure but they did well. I like watching them, they deserved the medal. K/S were really good but not enough for the gold. B/L were one of the surprises this year. They may rock next year.

Worlds will be so much fun

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    ..that was pretty sad...

I have a hard time warming to Yuko too...but not to their programs this year ( particularly the FS).

I have no problem warming to Aliona (well, not her costume designs ,and sometimes ugly positions )...but I often don't like their programs , either. So, really , I didn't have a favourite going in .

That said ,the outcome smacks of gift to me , even if it was a small margin.
    B/L and G/E had some great stuff and beautiful skates.

I really like B/H and both their programs. Hope they do well at World's.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I have decided not to get upset by results again.I loveeeeeeeeee the pink panther program, they show such diversity and i dont like K/S at all, nice program though, but Aliona stood there for what it seems 10 minutes to me, and waited to catch up. It was huge disuption and then she was off for a while, plus the doubles S. When i think I know who wins , i m always guessing wrong. Yes I know , there is an Sp, we said that in Vancouver also..but K/S barely won the Lp also.

Custom Title
    K/S lost on PCS. They barely edged out on P/E. They lost on CH and IN, really? Ridiculous judging. If K/S got such crap CH and IN, S/S should get like 6 or 7 for their program.
    Huge gift to the Germans.
    We need to revisit PCS again because they don't make much sense in this case. K/S LP is a masterpiece choreographically.

Custom Title
    I think people need to step back and realize what K/S have been through this season. Yuko had MAJOR surgury in April Aleexander had groin surgery as well, when they came back in June he sprained his anlke and was off the ice for 9 weeks then he got married and did start skating unttil Septemebr 1. They lost a ton of time I think what they have been able to accomplish is amazing. Not to mention it was about 20 degrees colder than what all the skaters are used too.

I think K/S should have won but it really could have gone either way with a much closer score.

Custom Title
    First of, how bad was the camera work? They made a mess of the SBS, most times they focused on one person (in some cases just the boot), very dissapointing.

I really thought K/S had won the gold, I much preferred their performance to S/S. I can not believe they could be bet on IN and CH by S/S, they really captured the music, it was romantic. In the past I always felt their long let them down but I think this is the long programme of the season. Does anyone not think there was a long time between S/S 3T sequence?

Very impressed with B/L, they really delivered especially after their disappointing GPF performance. One issue I would have is her jumps, they are very low and out of sync with him. Can they do a second triple? Or would a 2A combination score than a 3/2 combination?

G/E really went for it and apart from her fall on the second throw it was flawless. They are improving from competition to competition and think justified their inclusion in the Russain squad. Italians were good again (their short is better) but if they keep working they could go places.

The K/K fall was scary, it's a pity they don't have triple jumps as everything else they is pretty good. Really like the Czech couple, I really hope they progress well into the future. Disappointing that only 16 couples took part down from 21 last year.

The arena must be freezing, the audience were wearing hats, scarves, gloves and wrapped in blankets and they still looked cold. Can't be great for the skater

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast