Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pairs FS

Custom Title
    Very impressed with B/L, they really delivered especially after their disappointing GPF performance. One issue I would have is her jumps, they are very low and out of sync with him. Can they do a second triple? Or would a 2A combination score than a 3/2 combination?
    No, she doesn't have a second triple as far as I know. They already do a 2A+2A combo. Her 3T is actually much better than what it used to be, if you can believe that, and she hardly ever misses it. Obviously synchronization is an issue, but the fact that she can land it and rotate it every single time out is a huge improvement already. I think her 3T is better than her 2A at this point.

I remember when this team surprised everyone by winning the silver at Junior Worlds in 2007...and then the drug ban, etc. They've come a long way and I'm glad to see them on the podium. They have world champion potential.
    Last edited by oleada; 01-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    I really thought K/S had won the gold, I much preferred their performance to S/S. I can not believe they could be bet on IN and CH by S/S, they really captured the music, it was romantic.
    Thank god someone agree with me. I'm not that out of touch with reality. A program that good got lower IN and CH than some clownish programs? Unbelievable.

Custom Title
    K/S Free Skate. Breathtaking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3DR2VA5ps

Banned
    As I mentioned before Europeans the Russian fed. clearly now see Volosozhar & Trankov as their #1 team. So anyone that was surprised K/S didnt get higher scores, well that is the explanation. The Russian federation wouldnt have even really pushed for them to win here, when they dont want any confusion who their top team they favor now is. I predicted as much before Europeans as well.

Custom Title
    I don't think S/S free skate is clownish at all, rather it's fun, entertaining and light hearted. They've done very serious LPs and romantic LPs, so it's a change of direction and IMO it works.

Custom Title
    congratulations to all the medalist and thanks for all the PBP. Nice to see Yuko health and skating so beautifully.

Custom Title
    Interesting that B/L's LP score is higher than what P/T have scored all season and their overall score is only about a point off. P/T really need to start landing the jumps in the LP and getting their levels...

Custom Title
    I almost wish we had a dislike button on this board for boring posters and their tripe.

All the teams got the points and the levels they deserved for the programs they delivered considering by the time they were done most couldn't feel their fingers and toes. Some had a great skate like the Italian's SP and some made strange mistakes in the FS like Aliona's spin or Alexander's final lift but it was a great and fair competition. The Germans won the short. The Russian won the free....now off to Worlds.

I amend my thought slightly below...........
    Last edited by mousepotato; 01-28-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Kavaguti/Smirnov were robbed of this title.

Savchenko made a HUGE mistake. I mean seriously, they lost an entire element and it disrupted the program for about 12 seconds! That's one of the most damaging breaks to a figure skating performance I've ever seen! It would be like if she fell on a throw, sat on the ice and decided to do her hair and nails, and he just kept skating around the rink by himself until she finally decided to get up. The rest of the program wasn't even perfect, they doubled the Salchow too.

Rinkside
    K/S delivered!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Kavaguti/Smirnov were robbed of this title.

Savchenko made a HUGE mistake. I mean seriously, they lost an entire element and it disrupted the program for about 12 seconds! That's one of the most damaging breaks to a figure skating performance I've ever seen! It would be like if she fell on a throw, sat on the ice and decided to do her hair and nails, and he just kept skating around the rink by himself until she finally decided to get up. The rest of the program wasn't even perfect, they doubled the Salchow too.
    After watching the free again I must say I agree with you.

I can forgive her for missing the element (it does happen) but the rest of the elements were not great either.

1. Let's start with the infamous sbs spin, we all know what happened to her but he was terrible with zero flexibility.

2. The twist was crashy with no split (level 1). K/S was better.

3. He stood up on the second half of the death spiral (big no no!), I have no idea how that got a level 2!

4. The second 3T seq was off (slightly).

5. The lifts were done well but not as well as K/S although Alexander messed up the last lift (he said his shoulder siezed up).

6. Both ChSp were good but a slight edge to K/S for more flexablility, speed and change of hands.

7. S/S AMAZING 3Fth, I'm suprised they didn't get all +3, what are the judges wanting?

8. 2S way off

9. 3Sth hangs on but it's hard to tell if her arm movements are choreography or attempts to save the landing since it's different every time she does it.

K/S were ahead on Performance and Execution but they should have also been ahead on Choreography/Composition and Interpretation.

S/S were too far ahead in the short, too far ahead in the free and K/S were too far behind in the free. Sorry but after further review of protocols and youtube vids, K/S were robbed

I know the judges have only a few minutes and not 24 hours and it was very close only a couple points not 20 but it's still

Banned
    I agreed completely with the short program judging but I agree in the long program K/S were definitely undermarked compared to S/S with how both skated. However as I said I predicted and fully expected this to happen. The difference between being Russian #1 and Russian #2, even with the Russian #1 not there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I agreed completely with the short program judging but I agree in the long program K/S were definitely undermarked compared to S/S with how both skated. However as I said I predicted and fully expected this to happen. The difference between being Russian #1 and Russian #2, even with the Russian #1 not there.
    Russian #1 or #2 is a very out dated concept going back to the '90s 6.0 block judging, it isn't in the COP in 2011. Judges now couldn't care less who won nationals a month ago. V/T will have to win many more competions to be at the level of K/S, not just one or two. The judges undermarked K/S in both the short and the free because they just expected the Germans to be better or maybe they thought because of the injuries the Russians would look worse and didn't give them enough credit. Either way, a lot of people think the German's win was suspect and that's too bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Russian #1 or #2 is a very out dated concept going back to the '90s 6.0 block judging, it isn't in the COP in 2011.
    If the judging were perfect and by the book then you wouldnt be complaining about judging of a competition now would you. All the unoffiical rules that applied to skating judging in the past still do under COP. It is in fact easy to fudge GOE and PCS depending on who is in favor and who isnt.

And most people expect V/T to place above K/S at Worlds now so I am not sure what you are talking about as far as a lower level. It is not like K/S win alot of competitions in their career to date despite being a team for 5 years now.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast