Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

Diva

On the Ice
Didn't he wore that costume before? A few years back when they were skating to the OST of Alexander or something along those lines...

Not the best performance tonight but they made huge steps forward since last year.

beep_beep

Medalist
Katarina is really fierce.

They do have a lot to work on, but the progress in one year is amazing. They are more than proved that they belong here. Aside from the second throw, that was an excellent skate for them. The 3T+2T+2Lo was excellent.

They could have been very rattled by K/K's fall, but they started out extremely strong.

That.
They are far from perfect... yet.
I remember the lift positions as really bad at RN, it's already improved here. Hard to remember that she's been skating pairs for less than a year.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
What's up with the repeated move where he loops his arms around hers and then she slips out of it? What the hell does that represent? I never saw that crappy movie, is there a ring toss game in it? Did the prince run around collecting rings? That's a different video game... Sonic the Hedgehog though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maylin HAUSCH / Daniel WENDE (GER)

2FTw
3STh - nice
3T-2T - he steps out
FCCoSp - good unison
ChSp
Li - he can't hold her up, they abort it
2S
3FTh - she holds on to landing
Li
Li
FiDs
PCoSp

Score: 96.11, total 149.97

babayaga

On the Ice
Russian commentators say that all the mistakes might be because of the freezing temperature on the rink...

oleada

Record Breaker
Russian Nationals will be heartbreaking next year....likely only one of Bazarova/Larionov, Iliuschekina/Maisuradze, Stolbova/Klimov and Gerboldt/Enbert will make it to Euros/Worlds.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
sorry, where are you following? I can't get a decent streaming..

EDIT: resolved, rossya2 is now working :)

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
There is an article on Universal Sports that there have been many complaints about the rink and Speedy is going to take those complaints more seriously. It said that the rink is unheated and the temperature in Bern was -3 degrees Farnheight. YIKES!!!!

Diva

On the Ice
Russian Nationals will be heartbreaking next year....likely only one of Bazarova/Larionov, Iliuschekina/Maisuradze, Stolbova/Klimov and Gerboldt/Enbert will make it to Euros/Worlds.

Can't they give five spots to Russia (at least for Euros)? I'm sure all five Russian pairs would be in the Top10!

oleada

Record Breaker
B/L have one of the best twists in the world. It's exquisite.

ETA: and those lifts, and that throw flip! They were clean and finish a tiny bit after the music, but that was great!

Last edited:

Diva

On the Ice
Great performance! I think this LP will give them the Bronze medal. Much better than their SP, while I did find them a bit boring yesterday there were lots of emotions and sparkle today.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)

3T - ok
3FTw - nice height as usual
3FTh - also nice
2A+2A SEQ. - landed, but she has no height or flow
PCoSp
ChSp
Li3
LoTh - slightly twofooted
Li
FCCoSp - good unison
Li
FiDs

Solid program, allthough they looked a bit nervous. They should easily take bronze, at least!

Score: 125.35, new PB, total 188.44

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

Maybe one of them will try to skate for another country? lol.

Anyone know if Mukhortova and Blanchard are still skating together? I looked at Jerome Blanchard's facebook and John Zimmerman had said: "are you still training in Russia? I have an option for you" or something close to that anyway

oleada

Record Breaker
Yuri doesn't get enough credit - she's stunning, but she's not doing those twists and lifts on her own. He hardly ever misses, either.

Diva

On the Ice
Anyone know if Mukhortova and Blanchard are still skating together? I looked at Jerome Blanchard's facebook and John Zimmerman had said: "are you still training in Russia? I have an option for you" or something close to that anyway

Surprising, they said after RN that they want to continue.

seniorita

Record Breaker
i cannot connrct MITIM tono other than Yagudin, but nice skate.
About G/E i take back what i said about not going to euros, although i really feel bad fro I/M, they made great debute.I cant believe she was really boring and bad as singles skater, she shines in pairs:)

oleada

Record Breaker
Uuuugh, S/S land a gorgeous 3FTh and a 3T+3T sequence and then she falls out on the spin. That won't count :(