US. Coach of the Year? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US. Coach of the Year?

^ Elladj Balde. I want him to change his name to Elladj Blade. Then he would have the all-time greatest name ever for a figure skater.

Nadine

Record Breaker
DEFINITELY 210% TOM Z., HANDS DOWN!!!!!

No way Yuka & hubby, by their own admission/words they've confessed that they broke down Alissa's jumps, and you can tell. They're safe & barely rotated now, just enough to land them, not good. I do NOT want American Ladies to jump like that. Rather, I want them to jump the way Mr. Tom Z. has taught them how to ~ fully rotated, HUGE, correct technique! Look at Agnes Zawadzki's jumps versus Alisssa Czisny, no question Agnes wins hands down, as it should be.

ADDENDUM:

Not only that ALL of the men who led after the SP at 2011 US Nationals are Tom Zakrajsek skaters, including Jeremy Abbott, whom was with Tom from 1999-2009 (10 years!) and won US Jr. Nationals under him & also his 1st US Sr. Nationals, GFP, et al under Tom. Not Yuka & hubby. Fact.

Tom Zakrajsek is America's version of Russia's legendary jump coach Alexei Mishin, finally! :thumbsup: He should teach them ALL how to jump, especially the ladies, whom cannot jump BIG or fully rotate their jumps on a consistent basis to save their lives, not to mention do it with correct technique (3flutz anyone). :eek:hwell: Right now Agnes Zawadzki (Tom Z. skater) & Christina Gao are the only American Lady skaters that can go head-to-head with Queen Yuna Kim's jumps.

:rock:CONGRATULATIONS, MR. ZAKRAJSEK, ON TWO OF YOUR SKATERS WINNING GOLD & SILVER THIS YEAR, AND BRINGING FORTH THE NEW & IMPROVED TONYA HARDING IN THE FORM OF "AGNES ZAWADZKI"!!!!!:agree:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m not sure about Jeremmy sp and Najaro cause it doesnt suit him much but as he explained he wanted to explore another side of his skating, so kudos. It didnt work in Joubert also. I know he has done amazing job with Lambiel but the thing is to work with the given matterial, not the ideal ;)
But Carmelego ´s work is fantastic, Abott´s Lp, Dai´s, Brezina program and Tomas, and also his work with Faella/Skalli, i think he is a choreographer that tailors the programs on each skater individually!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
personally i would go for Yuka and Jason, than IGor and Marina because of davis & white and the shibs.

Maria and Igor have had top teams for several years now. Yuka and Jason both made noticible contributions to their star pupils in the past two years, Jeremy last year, Alissa this year. Alissa owes her whole season to these two coaches. They have my vote, for sure.

Joe, just off the top of my head ..for me ,two standouts of Camerlengo choreo are daisuke's FPs this year and last.
Colleen, I'm just not that knowledgeable enough of Camerlengo. Hopefully, someone adds Choreographer on the skater's name along with the name of the coach before the skate.

In the case of Dai's program, his delivery was far too animated for my tastes. It's an example of taking choreography and playing with it. That's not difficult. It is more of a personality trait than a musical trait. I didn't really notice the choreo. Everyone knows that oversell gets the crowd going wild but not constantly for me. The use of his arms throughout his program became wearisome.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Colleen, I'm just not that knowledgeable enough of Camerlengo. Hopefully, someone adds Choreographer on the skater's name along with the name of the coach before the skate.

In the case of Dai's program, his delivery was far too animated for my tastes. It's an example of taking choreography and playing with it. That's not difficult. It is more of a personality trait than a musical trait. I didn't really notice the choreo. Everyone knows that oversell gets the crowd going wild but not constantly for me. The use of his arms throughout his program became wearisome.

yes!!! I've always wanted that. Actually, now that i think about it doesn't it seem like the U.S. comentators always mention Lori Nichols and David Wilson but rarely anyone else? I don't remmeber ever hearing them mention Carmelengo even though he did Jeremy's program. Does anyone else?

When you think of how intricate a CoP program has to be to get the skater the maximum points, the role of the choreographer is pivotal. He or she should get a lot more recognition.