Thread: Ladies Short Programme

Threaded View

I didn't see all of them. Actually, the ones I saw were quite good(didn't see Kostner, Leonova, Makarova, Meite ...) I am so happy for Viktoria In my eyes she did pretty much the same as Meier. Oh well, just four points behind, maybe a medal for Viktoria. Her goal was to be among the top 6.

Ira Vannut(BEL)and Juulia Turkkila(FIN) had great skates and look very promising for the future

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Swedish skaters are generally underscored. It's fantastic that Viktoria has a good chance to land on the podium here. FS fans in Sweden have been waiting a long time for a major international medal, and she just might be the one to do it. (Does anyone know when was the last time a Swede has finished in the top 3 at Euros or Worlds?)
    Must have been some time before the second world war

Article from Swedish TV answers the question regarding swedish womens figure skating; Vivi Hultén bronze 1932, Europeans in Paris.

Viktoria says in the article; I hope I'll do a clean LP tomorrow, I don't want to say more (about medaling).
    But the LP has been my strong one for this season, so it feels very good.

ETA Oh, I forgot to say that I loved Kiiras preformance. I am not a fan of Makarovas skating, but I won't say anything until I have seen what she did today
    Last edited by snowflake; 01-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.