Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    The long sleeves and the design of Rachael's costume are nice, but I'm not crazy about the yellow on her.

(That silly face Patrick Chan has in that photo always cracks me up.)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Mirai claimed in the truth booth that she is "the best that the US has to offer." I would rather her show me that on the ice where it counts and let me determine that for myself rather than her tell me that. She's a spunky firecracker, no doubt.

Custom Title
    LOL...that was some wild footwork. but good skate for Rachel.

Glad Rachael put the Ina Bauer into her program. She does a pretty great layback one.

Very nice, Rachael! (She looked like she felt more into that program, more authentically than the previous SP from this season)

Flatt doing her best Lysacek impression, spazzing out with seemingly uncontrollable octopus arms, and of course, Scott Hamilton can't stop spewing about all of her "passion" just like he always described Evan.

Whippet Good!
    I don't like Rachel as a skater. I think she's very blah but that was a very lovely program. East of Eden really suits her.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I didn't realize the level of hurt she was going through after last year.
    same here

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Wow, the Alissa fluff got me teared up again, 3rd time today after Sarah Meier's and Y/C's emotional skates. Alissa said she was "heartbroken" after Nationals and Yuka Sato said after Nationals, Czisny was so down that she didn't know what to say to her. Jason Dungjen stressed that so much of this sport takes place before the skater steps on the ice in the space between their 2 ears and that what Alissa was missing the most was confidence and belief in herself. It was really cute to see her interview with the teddy bear. She seems so relaxed now, like a totally different person. I wish her all the best tonight!
    Oh no, I'm missing the cheesefest. Thanks for this nice summary. Made get a lump just reading it.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Flatt doing her best Lysacek impression, spazzing out with seemingly uncontrollable octopus arms, and of course, Scott Hamilton can't stop spewing about all of her "passion" just like he always described Evan.
    Omg that was great! I don't know what was up with that footwork.. Better jumps than she has done in the past. Unfortunately she still has horrid spin positions:( I think third is appropriate.

Custom Title
    Nooooo I missed the ladies' short programs on Universal! Will I ever get a chance to see them again? :(

Mirai claimed in the truth booth that she is "the best that the US has to offer." I would rather her show me that on the ice where it counts and let me determine that for myself rather than her tell me that. She's a spunky firecracker, no doubt.
    Well, I'm glad she's telling herself that though. She needs to believe it now rather than freak out everytime she's 1st after the SP

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Omg that was great! I don't know what was up with that footwork.. Better jumps than she has done in the past. Unfortunately she still has horrid spin positions:( I think third is appropriate.
    I do like Rachael's donut spin when she does it, but yeah, her spins are easily her weakest point. That's another "What If". What if Rachael didn't get a back injury when she was starting out in Juniors?

I'm seriously amazed she didn't throw her arms out of their sockets the way she was tossing them about all over the place. I guess Rachael is still trying to find her style, but to me, it seemed way too much like she was trying to imitate Lysacek. I don't recall seeing Rachael spaz out with her arms ever like that before; it didn't come across as genuine to me.

It's so true. Spins are such a nemesis for Rachael. Her layback isn't bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Nooooo I missed the ladies' short programs on Universal! Will I ever get a chance to see them again? :(
    Yeah, on Universal in the around 7! You missed them on NBC, not Universal! (Unless you don't actually have Universal, then you'll have to hope YouTubers are kind.)

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast