Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
Oh, Mirai! Lovely just as I had hoped. How I pray she has a solid FS.

OK, still not her biggest fan, but Rachael really put a lot into that performance. Have issues with the choreography, but good job.

I'll tell you though. If we're talking about pleasant surprises, then I must say that I was really moved by parts of Kristine Musademba's SP. Shame about the fall, but wow. I fell under her spell and was able to ignore most of the flaws that I would normally heavily criticize skaters for having at this level (again, except for that fall; no way to ignore that).

Last edited:

lilshorty

On the Ice
Yeah Rachael will. She's got one of the toughest jump layouts with 7 triples. Will she do a 3-3 anyone know?
What Alissa has going for her is that she has a beatiful, absolutely amazing FS. She just needs to skate it well and really perform it and her PCS just might get her into the top 2. And of course her spins.

What Mirai has going for her is that she's the best all-around skater of the bunch. It seems she got neither the highest PCS or the highest TES tonight but still the highest scores.

Good luck to all three.

No planned 3/3 for the LP. She said in her icenetwork interview that the speed was slow going into her combination jump for the SP, so she decided to do a 3/2 instead of a planned (and well prepared) 3/3.

Good luck ladies! And good night peeps! It's been good.

Puchi

On the Ice
So happy for Rachael after all the negative comments about her music selection. Seems she did a pretty decent job with her new SP (and I hope it puts to rest the tiresome comparisons to Kwan's SP. Time to move on, people, variety is the salt of life ;)).

R.D.

Record Breaker
I CANNOT believe Rachael scored the highest PCS!!! She beat both Alissa and Mirai in every category, including performance and choreography! I never thought that could happen, now I gotta see these skates!

you have to see it to believe it

Thanks for the play-by-play and commentary, everybody, especially Nadine! ::thumbsup:

Last edited:
It sounds as though the top three managed to stay on their feet. Tremendous! I'm glad to hear all the good reports about Rachael's interpretation of East of Eden. I'm not surprised about the comments regarding her footwork. If you remember, the short program version that Michelle did in 2001-2002 had hectic footwork that didn't quite sit well on the smoothly unfolding music. Unfortunately, the piece doesn't lend itself that aspect of short program requirements. One just has to put up with that segment in order to enjoy the rest of the piece.

What a relief that Alissa did so well, too! And Mirai. So our three best (as far as we know) are in the top positions for the long. What a world team they'd make--if we could send all three. Oh, man...nailbiter on Saturday.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I am so happy about the top three!! Mirai, Alissa and Rachael all deserve to be on the podium. I really enjoyed Agnes and Christine Musademba's performance. Agnes is such a great jumper and leave sucha strong presence on the ice. Christine is really a great technical skater. I love her edge work and her interpretaion of the music. I really hope Christine will stay competing. She has a great talent!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll tell you though. If we're talking about pleasant surprises, then I must admit that I was really moved by parts of Kristine Musademba's SP. Shame about the fall, but wow. I fell under her spell and was able to ignore most of the flaws that I would normally heavily criticize skaters for having at this level (again, except for that fall; no way to ignore that).

I was surprised too. I really wanted her to make the 3rd group, but she just missed. so we won't see her on TV

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am so happy about the top three!! Mirai, Alissa and Rachael all deserve to be on the podium. I really enjoyed Agnes and Christine Musademba's performance. Agnes is such a great jumper and leave sucha strong presence on the ice. Christine is really a great technical skater. I love her edge work and her interpretaion of the music. I really hope Christine will stay competing. She has a great talent!!

You mean Kristine Musademba, right? Or Christina Gao?

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
It sounds as though the top three managed to stay on their feet. Tremendous! I'm glad to hear all the good reports about Rachael's interpretation of East of Eden. I'm not surprised about the comments regarding her footwork. If you remember, the short program version that Michelle did in 2001-2002 had hectic footwork that didn't quite sit well on the smoothly unfolding music. Unfortunately, the piece doesn't lend itself that aspect of short program requirements. One just has to put up with that segment in order to enjoy the rest of the piece.

What a relief that Alissa did so well, too! And Mirai. So our three best (as far as we know) are in the top positions for the long. What a world team they'd make--if we could send all three. Oh, man...nailbiter on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb51K3GcGCE

Ahem! I'd hardly call that footwork hectic. It is rather constrained in terms of its movements and seems to fit the music quite well.

When do these videos become available on demand?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, I might actually like Rachael's SP choreo better than Alissa's SP choreo, you know.

I have to admit I think she deserved higher choreo and interpretation marks than Alissa tonight. I don't find Alissa's SP particularly memorable. I like it but I don't love it.

Can't say the same thing about the FS. Alissa's FS is my favorite ladies program of the entire season. It's gorgeous and she's never had a better vehicle. Rachael's - not so much.

Saturday will be interesting.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
and, if she had done a 3x3 (which I thought I read she had been training for the short) this too would up her score. She has tons of room in this program for growth; I really hope she has a chance this year -- or even next!

She did a beautiful 3x3 in the warm up, but said her speed was too slow coming into the combo, so she decided to play it safe. Had she done the 3x3, she would be first. I agree, Rachael has room to grow in this program. :thumbsup:

Her jumps are higher than usual. The flip is higher than last year, with better entrance. The lutz is also higher. Impressive all around. This girl improves and improves.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yes, thanks for posting that. Watching it again, I have to agree. Somehow, Michelle managed to make that footwork fit splendidly with the music, with just the right movements on the high notes. Course, she didn't have to contend with the COP requirements.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I really wish I could watch Rachael and Mirai again. The feed kept freezing up on both of they're programs. Especially, Mirai, which is why I haven't been able to say much about her program.

Is it possible to reach watch on icenetwork? I haven't found any videos yet.

skfan

Final Flight
i'm glad to hear kristine musademba made a good impression. so unfortunate about the fall--i so wanted to see her on TV!!! but perhaps she is still recovering from her injury?

one question for those fortunate enough to see her skate-- was her short this year to 'clair de lune'? if there is by some miracle a youtube video, please share :biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, I'm logging out.

Congratulations to Alissa for setting the bar so high in the SP and skating so well!
Congratulations to Mirai for a wonderful skate and first place position!
Congratulations to Rachael for a splendid new SP!
Congratulations to Agnes for an amazing debut that put her in contention for a medal of any color! Highest TES of the night! Wow!