Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Loved Melissa's falling leaf into 2A at the very end! :thumbsup: Gorgeous 3L as well, only problem being turns out of 3F into 2T.

Good job, but she really *needs* that 3axel in order to make a move imho.

GOOD JOB, MELISSA, GOOD JOB, YOU SKATED CLEAN!!!! :love:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Did Rachael attempt/land a 3/3?

Just a note...I don't think YuNa "popularized" the ina baur/spread eagle into a 2ax. Seemed like the second COP went into effect, A LOT of skaters started adding an element preceding the 2ax. I recall thinking Caroline was "unique' because she did a back arabesque spiral into it!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Biggest surprise of the evening: Agnes being scored so well and right in the mix along with Mirai, Alissa, and Rachael
Biggest disappointment of the evening: Ashley's 3rd SP letdown in a row at Nationals. :cry:
Biggest thrill of the evening: Having a top 4 with less than a 2 point separation from 1st to 4th; anything can happen in the LP!

babayaga

On the Ice
I think I have a figure skating overload with europeans and us nationals I've been watching all day :)

MissCleo

On the Ice
So, I think we will finally have 2 time US champion for once in a long time. alissa, mirai, or rachel will be the winner. Ashley could easily move up to fourth, I don't think that all of the top three will do so poorly so she can move up. Great skates by the top 6 with a shout out/honorable mention to Morgan Bell. I cant wait till Saturday!!!!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Vanessa Lam all the way up in 6th was the biggest surprise for me. Everything else not so much. And not surprised that it's so close in the top 4.

I still the hope the U.S. team is between Alissa Mirai and Rachael. I just think they are the best right now.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Has Rachael improved? If so, how do her jumps look? Do they look lighter and have more spring, or do they look a tiny bit heavy?

MasterB

Final Flight
Congrats to Rach, that was awesome. I always thought that long sleeves would make her look more appealing and it did. Now, she needs the white skates.

Saturday will truly be a competition. All three girls are quite capable, who will stand all the way.

emma

Record Breaker
i thought Rachel's jumps had good spring - better than in the Fall and nice run out. Whatever happens, I'm already hoping she keeps this sp through next year; there is a lot, lot, lot she can do with this as she obviously loves/feels the music. Kudos!!! First time I got teary eyed for US ladies in a while (although I did miss the first two groups). Saturday is going to be a nail biter!

babayaga

On the Ice
It looks like one of the Rachael's spins is level 1. She would be higher otherwise - she got the highest PCS of the night if I'm not mistaken.