Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
There is a special Mixed Zone LIVE! link under the "Feature Video" section on the video page. But the video feed that pops up isn't working for me right now.

Yeah, that's where I'm clicking. Not working, at all. It could be my internet connection - at school, streaming things tends to be incredibly annoyingly slow or not work-y.

lavender

Record Breaker
Morgan's program has very nice choreography. Is there someone else skating to this music this season?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Czisny has a style that is liked by a LOT of people. She is really friendly to her fans, as I've found out from experience. She is a sentimental favorite.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice lovely Tango by Morgan Bell! :thumbsup: EXQUISITE opening spread eagle into 2A! with hyperextended knees reminiscent of Sarah Hughes & ballerinas. :) Followed up by an nice solid 3T/2T, then an UR 3S. Good job, lots of oomph, loved the dress & rose in her hair! :love:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Even though she has been competing that long, how long did she really capture the attention of the audience and the fans? The first time I started paying attention to her was after her surprise GP wins in 2005. At the nationals before that, have people been watching her and rooting for her?

Probably since about 2005 is when she really captured attention - but that was six years ago!!

She really is the only of the old guard left, isn't she? Sasha, Kimmie, Emily, Bebe. All those girls we were so used to seeing are gone.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Nice lovely Tango by Morgan Bell! :thumbsup: EXQUISITE opening spread eagle into 2A! with hyperextended knees reminiscent of Sarah Hughes & ballerinas. :) Followed up by an nice solid 3T/2T, then an UR 3S. Good job, lots of oomph, loved the dress & rose in her hair! :love:

Too much blush, though. Just saying.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though she has been competing that long, how long did she really capture the attention of the audience and the fans? The first time I started paying attention to her was after her surprise GP wins in 2005. At the nationals before that, have people been watching her and rooting for her?

I think the fact that she has struggled so much and has never given up and is continuing to improve with age is what is really endearing people to her. To go from (controversially) winning the National title and finishing 11th at Worlds to finishing 10th at the US Olympic trials to now being the reigning GPF Champion is just incredible! Most skaters who have experienced the crushing lows she has would have long given up by now. The fact that Alissa keeps on fighting and improving is highly admirable.

Last edited:

krenseby

Final Flight
Czisny has a style that is liked by a LOT of people. She is really friendly to her fans, as I've found out from experience. She is a sentimental favorite.

It's her pre-COP style. I think she kinda manages to mask the point-getting that you see with a lot of the other ladies. I'd say she may fool some into thinking that she's skating an exhibition program and trying to exude a sense of elegance and subtle beauty.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Probably since about 2005 is when she really captured attention - but that was six years ago!!

She really is the only of the old guard left, isn't she? Sasha, Kimmie, Emily, Bebe. All those girls we were so used to seeing are gone.

That's right. Wow. She's lasted a really long time. And to think that now, rather than then, is when she chose to really make her mark.

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's her pre-COP style. I think she kinda manages to mask the point-getting that you see with a lot of the other ladies. I'd say she may fool some into thinking that she's skating an exhibition program and trying to exude a sense of elegance and subtle beauty.

Yes, she does. :love:

emma

Record Breaker
I missed a bunch, but Mussademba (sp?) just skated - i think she fell, but her program (the part I saw) was quite lovely; she has nice positions and a kind of elegance. Her dress is also quite pretty (sort of a light blue or sea green with lot's of sparkly stuff).

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, Kristine Musademba is a fairy, otherworldly creature, first time all night I'm almost in tears. OMG, she really feels her music, which was just accentuated by the exquisite divine phenomenal opening running 3-turns into 3R, same as the 2A, and she did another jump I can't recall. I honest to God was just too caught up in the performance. Definitely one to watch, I'm in misty eyed tears. :love: :) OMG, EXQUISITE, everything!!!!!!

Layfan

Record Breaker
That's right. Wow. She's lasted a really long time. And to think that now, rather than then, is when she chose to really make her mark.

Well.... I don't think it was a choice. I think she had a good shot at making that 2006 Olympic team and really wanted it. It was one of her many disappointments.

Nadine

Record Breaker
8th place, must've fallen, but I LOOOOOVED her performance! BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!!!!! :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
8th place. With Wagner and Flatt that's 10th. Hmm, we could possibly see her on TV!

MissCleo

On the Ice
Did anybody recognize the guy sitting with Kristine M in the kissncry? I know he used to be a figure skater, I just cant place his name