Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ina Bauer into the double axel is always a cool move.

And Mirai's layback/Bielman is beautiful.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Mirai's Truth Booth is cute, but she doesn't quite sound like she believes what she just did.

Ashley Wagner's turn.

emma

Record Breaker
you know, my heart really breaks for Ashley. she is a wonderful skater and that is a great program for her. I hate to hear about all the health issues she had in the Fall - then the flu right before nationals? not fair! Great competitor for sticking to it and not giving up; and despite the little flaws, that was a solid sp.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The long sleeves and the design of Rachael's costume are nice, but I'm not crazy about the yellow on her.

(That silly face Patrick Chan has in that photo always cracks me up.)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai claimed in the truth booth that she is "the best that the US has to offer." I would rather her show me that on the ice where it counts and let me determine that for myself rather than her tell me that. She's a spunky firecracker, no doubt. :biggrin:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Glad Rachael put the Ina Bauer into her program. She does a pretty great layback one.

Very nice, Rachael! (She looked like she felt more into that program, more authentically than the previous SP from this season)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Flatt doing her best Lysacek impression, spazzing out with seemingly uncontrollable octopus arms, and of course, Scott Hamilton can't stop spewing about all of her "passion" just like he always described Evan. :rofl:

Tesla

Final Flight
I don't like Rachel as a skater. I think she's very blah but that was a very lovely program. East of Eden really suits her.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow, the Alissa fluff got me teared up again, 3rd time today after Sarah Meier's and Y/C's emotional skates. Alissa said she was "heartbroken" after Nationals and Yuka Sato said after Nationals, Czisny was so down that she didn't know what to say to her. Jason Dungjen stressed that so much of this sport takes place before the skater steps on the ice in the space between their 2 ears and that what Alissa was missing the most was confidence and belief in herself. It was really cute to see her interview with the teddy bear. She seems so relaxed now, like a totally different person. I wish her all the best tonight! :love:

Oh no, I'm missing the cheesefest. Thanks for this nice summary. Made get a lump just reading it.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Flatt doing her best Lysacek impression, spazzing out with seemingly uncontrollable octopus arms, and of course, Scott Hamilton can't stop spewing about all of her "passion" just like he always described Evan. :rofl:

Omg that was great! I don't know what was up with that footwork.. Better jumps than she has done in the past. Unfortunately she still has horrid spin positions:( I think third is appropriate.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Mirai claimed in the truth booth that she is "the best that the US has to offer." I would rather her show me that on the ice where it counts and let me determine that for myself rather than her tell me that. She's a spunky firecracker, no doubt. :biggrin:

Well, I'm glad she's telling herself that though. She needs to believe it now rather than freak out everytime she's 1st after the SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Omg that was great! I don't know what was up with that footwork.. Better jumps than she has done in the past. Unfortunately she still has horrid spin positions:( I think third is appropriate.

I do like Rachael's donut spin when she does it, but yeah, her spins are easily her weakest point. That's another "What If". What if Rachael didn't get a back injury when she was starting out in Juniors?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm seriously amazed she didn't throw her arms out of their sockets the way she was tossing them about all over the place. I guess Rachael is still trying to find her style, but to me, it seemed way too much like she was trying to imitate Lysacek. I don't recall seeing Rachael spaz out with her arms ever like that before; it didn't come across as genuine to me.

Layfan

Record Breaker

It's so true. Spins are such a nemesis for Rachael. Her layback isn't bad though.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nooooo I missed the ladies' short programs on Universal! Will I ever get a chance to see them again? :(

Yeah, on Universal in the around 7! You missed them on NBC, not Universal! (Unless you don't actually have Universal, then you'll have to hope YouTubers are kind.)