Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Upon reflection I've been thinking how Alissa is greatly loved, she honestly got the hugest applause imho BOTH b-e-f-o-r-e and *after* her skate! :eek: I honestly don't think any other competitor came close, not even the Great Mirai Nagasu. Hmmm....

Layfan

Record Breaker
So is the man commentating for ice network? He ignored the existence of Mirai in his opening comments saying "we'll see several returning champions and one Olympian, Rachael Flatt." A bit later Tonia said "Er and we can't count out Mirai who is also an Olympian and did so well there."

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nadine, watch Vanessa Lam - did fab on junior circuit this year, or was it last? A very beautiful skater already.

Technically last year, since it was 2010, haha. But yeah, she had a single JGP assigment this season. Came into it pretty much an unknown, and easily won gold.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Vanessa Lam is one of the new girls to watch. Her spins are really nice, and she's so expressive compare to everyone else. Jumps need a lot of work, though. But she beat Japan's #1 junior and Russia's #3 junior on her first outing.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Works fine for me! Keep on trying. :)

Already tried a bunch. It's been doing this for a while - won't even load the "you must be subscribed to IN" type message it used to put up when I tried to access the videos that were paid access only.

Do I need some sort of plug-in to make it work? (Not that it should matter mcuh because I thought I was up to date with everything.)

krenseby

Final Flight
I wouldn't crown Agnes just yet. Let's see how she does in the Free. She has had strong shorts before, only to crumble in the free. Shades of Cohen, at least for the moment. But of course, this is her first year so I don't expect that much.

You are right, she could crumble in the long, but a strong SP is a worthy accomplishment of its own. Also, I am not sure how much of a cushion she has over some of the skaters coming up. If Wagner and Flatt score significantly lower, then she could probably afford a mistake or two in the LP and still finish in the top three or four.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
I think the competition at Worlds would benefit by having her there.

Considering her Grad Prix results, I'm not willing to take the risk. (Of course, for several years even our best have faltered so who can say which lady will be able to do her best @ worlds)

Layfan

Record Breaker
Upon reflection I've been thinking how Alissa is greatly loved, she honestly got the hugest applause imho BOTH b-e-f-o-r-e and *after* her skate! :eek: I honestly don't think any other competitor came close, not even the Great Mirai Nagasu. Hmmm....

That's a nice obvervation Nadine. I guess Alissa's been around the longest and she's always a sentimental favorite, not to mention a gorgeous skater. Course, she's also the GPF champion so...

I suspect Mirai's following will grow. Figure skating is definitely a sport where you have to warm up to the skaters.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh poor Raina Narita? Popped/opened up on both her opening 3T and later on her 2A, also fell on her 3L. Most likely last place, poor girl. :(

Nice style though, lovely dress reminiscent of Oksana Baiul's. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
You are right, she could crumble in the long, but a strong SP is a worthy accomplishment of its own. Also, I am not sure how much of a cushion she has over some of the skaters coming up. If Wagner and Flatt score significantly lower, then she could probably afford a mistake or two in the LP and still finish in the top three or four.

she's basically deadlocked with the top skaters. It's gonna be a dogfight in the LP. Flatt and Wagner better bring it

krenseby

Final Flight
Already tried a bunch. It's been doing this for a while - won't even load the "you must be subscribed to IN" type message it used to put up when I tried to access the videos that were paid access only.

Do I need some sort of plug-in to make it work? (Not that it should matter mcuh because I thought I was up to date with everything.)

There is a special Mixed Zone LIVE! link under the "Feature Video" section on the video page. But the video feed that pops up isn't working for me right now.

Layfan

Record Breaker

It'll be really interesting to see how Wagner and Flatt stack up.
Agnes has better spins than Rachael and maybe better presence, and she just nailed her jumps, which is Flatt's strong suit so..... I don't know. Flatt has a new program. I'll be interested in seeing her PCS.

If Ashley does a 3-3 will it be enough to overtake Mirai and Alissa? It wasn't enough for Agnes. I wonder what Agnes' GOE on her jumps were. They looked very good.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Tatyana Khazova has a unique 1920's style going on that I like. :) Too bad about the fall on the opening UR 3R, popped 2A, nice 2L/2T. Loved the spin at the very end with the skate to the head. :love:

Resembles Agnes Z. and Alexe G. :)^D

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alissa's been around for a while, since 2002 on the senior level at Nationals. This is her 10th Senior Nationals! She really is the woman of these championships! We've literally watched her grow up and experienced all the rollercoaster exhilarating highs and crushing lows on the ice with her. All of her main challengers in this event started their senior National careers in 2008 or later.

krenseby

Final Flight
Alissa's been around for a while, since 2002 on the senior level at Nationals. This is her 10th Senior Nationals! She really is the woman of these championships! We've literally watched her grow up and experienced all the rollercoaster exhilarating highs and crushing lows on the ice with her. All of her main challengers in this event started their senior National careers in 2008 or later.

Even though she has been competing that long, how long did she really capture the attention of the audience and the fans? The first time I started paying attention to her was after her surprise GP wins in 2005. At the nationals before that, have people been watching her and rooting for her?