Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Custom Title
    pre-SP, people've already predicted Vanessa Lam would make top 6. I thought she should place above Gao who looks wooden and boring. Oh well, her PCS should move up. She's the best US junior girl at the moment. Too bad she didn't get two assignments to the junior grand prix this season.

Custom Title
    I CANNOT believe Rachael scored the highest PCS!!! She beat both Alissa and Mirai in every category, including performance and choreography! I never thought that could happen, now I gotta see these skates!

skating philosopher
    Also listening to the skating order...

Alissa, Mirai and Rachel are 21, 22, and 23. The final three skaters of the night!

Custom Title
    awesome post, Nadine.....I felt the same way (and was seriously shocked by the feelings!). Great job! I seriously can't wait to watch the ones I missed....but what I saw (despite the weird feed) was awesome.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Also listening to the skating order...

Alissa, Mirai and Rachel are 21, 22, and 23. The final three skaters of the night!
    what do you think - good position for Alissa? Rachel can handel it a bet, but if Mirai throws down the gauntlet (and if Alissa before her skates well) this will be quite a challenge.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Interesting..
    TES final group
    Zawadzki — 34.12
    Gao — 33.10
    Nagasu — 32.94
    Czisny — 32.81
    Lam — 31.73
    Flatt- 31.55

PCS
    Flatt — 30.77
    Nagasu — 30.41
    Czisny — 29.69
    Zawadzki — 27.42
    Wagner — 27.36 (7th)
    Lam — 25.88
    Gao -25.33

How unexpected. Flatt gets the highest PCS of the night among the top 7 and the lowest tech. Did she really deserve lower tech than Lam? Her jumps were way bigger. I guess it's that level 1 spin. But I liked her spins better than ever. DARN the COP, always making skaters get into wretched spin positions to gain points.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    what do you think - good position for Alissa? Rachel can handel it a bet, but if Mirai throws down the gauntlet (and if Alissa before her skates well) this will be quite a challenge.
    I think it will be a great battle!
    I think Rachel will rise to the pressure though.

skating philosopher
    Mirai is goofy as ever...playing with the mic at the press conference.

Custom Title
    I thought Alissa & Mirai were scored too low on PCS compared to Flatt.

I think Rachael's SP suits her better than the old one, but for me, it's the same boring Rachael. Her footwork was very spastic and distracting and speed/basics aren't any better. She doesn't have the same flow as Alissa & Mirai, which is why I think her PCS should be lower.

I really enjoyed Vanessa Lam - but I'm not holding my breath on her jumps surviving puberty.

The edge calls in this competition just make you scratch your head. No edge calls for Gao, Wagner and Lam, but edge calls for their flips for Alissa & Mirai.

skating philosopher
    Alissa: "My program wasn't spectacular but it was good." Are you kidding?! Well she's being modest, I guess.

I think it will be a great battle!
    I think Rachel will rise to the pressure though.
    Yeah Rachael will. She's got one of the toughest jump layouts with 7 triples. Will she do a 3-3 anyone know?

What Alissa has going for her is that she has a beatiful, absolutely amazing FS. She just needs to skate it well and really perform it and her PCS just might get her into the top 2. And of course her spins.

What Mirai has going for her is that she's the best all-around skater of the bunch. It seems she got neither the highest PCS or the highest TES tonight but still the highest scores.

Good luck to all three.

Alissa: "My program wasn't spectacular but it was good." Are you kidding?! Well she's being modest, I guess.
    She's done it better. I don't know I thought Alissa looked too serious through out. But who cares? She needed to concentrate and get the job done.

She should have said "My program wasn't spectacular but it was very very good"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Here, click on the pluses next to the score to open each skater's protocol: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...001SEG001.html
    Thanks museksk8r!

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I thought Alissa & Mirai were scored too low on PCS compared to Flatt.

I think Rachael's SP suits her better than the old one, but for me, it's the same boring Rachael. Her footwork was very spastic and distracting and speed/basics aren't any better. She doesn't have the same flow as Alissa & Mirai, which is why I think her PCS should be lower.

I really enjoyed Vanessa Lam - but I'm not holding my breath on her jumps surviving puberty.

The edge calls in this competition just make you scratch your head. No edge calls for Gao, Wagner and Lam, but edge calls for their flips for Alissa & Mirai.
    I agree..
    Last edited by lavender; 01-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.

skating philosopher
    Interesting "At the beginning of the season, I had a lot of injuries and I had a lot of frustration about my career in general." -- Rachael about why she had lost some passion for skating at the beginning of the season.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast