Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

skating philosopher
    Man that was a short press conference....only two questions?!

Custom Title
    Oh, Mirai! Lovely just as I had hoped. How I pray she has a solid FS.

OK, still not her biggest fan, but Rachael really put a lot into that performance. Have issues with the choreography, but good job.

I'll tell you though. If we're talking about pleasant surprises, then I must say that I was really moved by parts of Kristine Musademba's SP. Shame about the fall, but wow. I fell under her spell and was able to ignore most of the flaws that I would normally heavily criticize skaters for having at this level (again, except for that fall; no way to ignore that).
    Last edited by MrScroogeMcDuck; 01-28-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Yeah Rachael will. She's got one of the toughest jump layouts with 7 triples. Will she do a 3-3 anyone know?
    What Alissa has going for her is that she has a beatiful, absolutely amazing FS. She just needs to skate it well and really perform it and her PCS just might get her into the top 2. And of course her spins.

What Mirai has going for her is that she's the best all-around skater of the bunch. It seems she got neither the highest PCS or the highest TES tonight but still the highest scores.

Good luck to all three.
    No planned 3/3 for the LP. She said in her icenetwork interview that the speed was slow going into her combination jump for the SP, so she decided to do a 3/2 instead of a planned (and well prepared) 3/3.

Good luck ladies! And good night peeps! It's been good.

Custom Title
    So happy for Rachael after all the negative comments about her music selection. Seems she did a pretty decent job with her new SP (and I hope it puts to rest the tiresome comparisons to Kwan's SP. Time to move on, people, variety is the salt of life ).

Custom Title
    Thank you all for the updates-great job! Can't wait to (eventually) see it.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    I CANNOT believe Rachael scored the highest PCS!!! She beat both Alissa and Mirai in every category, including performance and choreography! I never thought that could happen, now I gotta see these skates!
    you have to see it to believe it

Thanks for the play-by-play and commentary, everybody, especially Nadine! :
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-28-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Custom Title
    It sounds as though the top three managed to stay on their feet. Tremendous! I'm glad to hear all the good reports about Rachael's interpretation of East of Eden. I'm not surprised about the comments regarding her footwork. If you remember, the short program version that Michelle did in 2001-2002 had hectic footwork that didn't quite sit well on the smoothly unfolding music. Unfortunately, the piece doesn't lend itself that aspect of short program requirements. One just has to put up with that segment in order to enjoy the rest of the piece.

What a relief that Alissa did so well, too! And Mirai. So our three best (as far as we know) are in the top positions for the long. What a world team they'd make--if we could send all three. Oh, man...nailbiter on Saturday.

Custom Title
    I am so happy about the top three!! Mirai, Alissa and Rachael all deserve to be on the podium. I really enjoyed Agnes and Christine Musademba's performance. Agnes is such a great jumper and leave sucha strong presence on the ice. Christine is really a great technical skater. I love her edge work and her interpretaion of the music. I really hope Christine will stay competing. She has a great talent!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    I'll tell you though. If we're talking about pleasant surprises, then I must admit that I was really moved by parts of Kristine Musademba's SP. Shame about the fall, but wow. I fell under her spell and was able to ignore most of the flaws that I would normally heavily criticize skaters for having at this level (again, except for that fall; no way to ignore that).
    I was surprised too. I really wanted her to make the 3rd group, but she just missed. so we won't see her on TV

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    I am so happy about the top three!! Mirai, Alissa and Rachael all deserve to be on the podium. I really enjoyed Agnes and Christine Musademba's performance. Agnes is such a great jumper and leave sucha strong presence on the ice. Christine is really a great technical skater. I love her edge work and her interpretaion of the music. I really hope Christine will stay competing. She has a great talent!!
    You mean Kristine Musademba, right? Or Christina Gao?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It sounds as though the top three managed to stay on their feet. Tremendous! I'm glad to hear all the good reports about Rachael's interpretation of East of Eden. I'm not surprised about the comments regarding her footwork. If you remember, the short program version that Michelle did in 2001-2002 had hectic footwork that didn't quite sit well on the smoothly unfolding music. Unfortunately, the piece doesn't lend itself that aspect of short program requirements. One just has to put up with that segment in order to enjoy the rest of the piece.

What a relief that Alissa did so well, too! And Mirai. So our three best (as far as we know) are in the top positions for the long. What a world team they'd make--if we could send all three. Oh, man...nailbiter on Saturday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb51K3GcGCE

Ahem! I'd hardly call that footwork hectic. It is rather constrained in terms of its movements and seems to fit the music quite well.

When do these videos become available on demand?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Well, I might actually like Rachael's SP choreo better than Alissa's SP choreo, you know.

I have to admit I think she deserved higher choreo and interpretation marks than Alissa tonight. I don't find Alissa's SP particularly memorable. I like it but I don't love it.

Can't say the same thing about the FS. Alissa's FS is my favorite ladies program of the entire season. It's gorgeous and she's never had a better vehicle. Rachael's - not so much.

Saturday will be interesting.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff goldblum View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb51K3GcGCE

Ahem! I'd hardly call that footwork hectic. It is rather constrained in terms of its movements and seems to fit the music quite well.

When do these videos become available on demand?
    i think that was the best MK performance ever. Just divine. Thanks for posting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    and, if she had done a 3x3 (which I thought I read she had been training for the short) this too would up her score. She has tons of room in this program for growth; I really hope she has a chance this year -- or even next!
    She did a beautiful 3x3 in the warm up, but said her speed was too slow coming into the combo, so she decided to play it safe. Had she done the 3x3, she would be first. I agree, Rachael has room to grow in this program.

Her jumps are higher than usual. The flip is higher than last year, with better entrance. The lutz is also higher. Impressive all around. This girl improves and improves.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast