Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Yes, thanks for posting that. Watching it again, I have to agree. Somehow, Michelle managed to make that footwork fit splendidly with the music, with just the right movements on the high notes. Course, she didn't have to contend with the COP requirements.

I really wish I could watch Rachael and Mirai again. The feed kept freezing up on both of they're programs. Especially, Mirai, which is why I haven't been able to say much about her program.

Is it possible to reach watch on icenetwork? I haven't found any videos yet.

take off the oven mitts
    i'm glad to hear kristine musademba made a good impression. so unfortunate about the fall--i so wanted to see her on TV!!! but perhaps she is still recovering from her injury?

one question for those fortunate enough to see her skate-- was her short this year to 'clair de lune'? if there is by some miracle a youtube video, please share

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    i can't wait for these videos to be up on youtube!

Well, I'm logging out.

Congratulations to Alissa for setting the bar so high in the SP and skating so well!
    Congratulations to Mirai for a wonderful skate and first place position!
    Congratulations to Rachael for a splendid new SP!
    Congratulations to Agnes for an amazing debut that put her in contention for a medal of any color! Highest TES of the night! Wow!

Down With It
    quick thoughts:

- Very tight among the top 4
    - Glad Czisny was able to pull it off
    - Disappointed for Wagner, but not a shock given that she was ill. Still, for 4th yr in a row she sabotages herself in the SP. But she was secure enough to crack a joke about it on her twitter
    - The last girl who skated was placed a bit low, I thought
    - 15 yr old Lam was the biggest surprise of all. I remember someone mentioning her name as someone to watch. That person was right- but let's see how she handles the FS
    - Best skate I've ever seen from Flatt. I would have had her in the lead, but I think there was something with the spins
    - Most pleasant surprise: Musademba
    - Saturday is going to be quite interesting

Does anyone know if the FS draw has been completed yet? And if so, what is it? :D

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Does anyone know if the FS draw has been completed yet? And if so, what is it? :D
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...6/results.html

http://twitter.com/#!/mz734_FS/status/30857976910716928

Thank you!

Looks like a good draw for the top three. Alissa may benefit by going first of the leaders (or end up getting buried); and Rachel should definitely get a boost from closing out the show. Mirai could go either way, but it's not a bad spot. Looking forward to Saturday!

Custom Title
    Oh Caroline! 10th place? I had really hoped that she would rally back this year ;_;

My other favorite Ashley flubbed the short again. sigh.

I missed the competition. I'll have to catch everyone's performances on Youtube or Universal Sports.

Edit: I hadn't realized Danielle Kahle was competing here too. She scored 45 points. That's pretty good.
    Last edited by brightphoton; 01-28-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Wow...Mirai's jumps have gotten bigger. She's getting some great height.
    Omigosh I'm DYING to see these programs! Especially Mirai of course, Alissa, Christine and Rachael too-I want to see the Big Bird dress, and frenetic footwork everyone was talking about!

Banned
    Good to see Agnes over Gao. I prefer Agnes as a skater. She shows more talent.

Custom Title
    Oh, so sorry for Ashley (( I hoped to see her and Alissa at Worlds, but oh well...

Banned
    Why are people acting like Ashley skated so bad. She had only one mistake and it wasnt like a fall or anything. She would have been no higher than 5th or 6th even clean. She just is being passed by. She was never quite good enough even when competing only against the skaters of her own generation (Zhang, Nagasu, Flatt) and now with the up and comers coming up her small window is probably closed for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Alissa's FS is my favorite ladies program of the entire season. It's gorgeous and she's never had a better vehicle.
    Agreed. The music sweeps all before it.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast